Tuesday, June 06, 2023

Folk Art Easel Card With Extra Opening

Happy Tuesday cottage cutz friends,
Melinda here and today I am sharing a card I created with some wonderful dies from the new Cottage Cutz Folk Art Release. There are some unique and fun dies in this set! Here is what I created.
My card is a top folding easel card with an additional inside opening. Here is a view of the card as it stands open with the easel base.



This is the top flap of the card. It is top folded so the card opening is at the bottom. It is a horizontal 5x7 top folding size.  I love the way it turned out.


To create my card, I started with two card bases of white cardstock. They are both folded 5x7 cards. To achieve these, I cut my papers to 7 x 10 and scored and folded them along the 10" side at 5" I turned them so the folds would be on the top. 

For the easel base, I did an additional score at 2.5" along the same 10" side. Essentially that is one flap of your card folded in half.


Once I did that, I took the second top folded card and glued the bottom 2.5" flap to the bottom of the back of the second card. 


I then used some patterned paper from an old paper pad from Hobby Lobby called Kellerkurtz & company. The pad has a vintage type theme. The two photos above show the different layers with the patterned paper only. 




Next I went ahead and cut out all the die cuts I planned to use in white cardstock. I decided I wanted the card to have a very minimalist type look even though the patterned paper was a bit shabby and vintage looking. Here is a closer look at the beautiful heart and butterfly dies from this collection. I added some Nuvo Pearl drops as well as some stickles and some clear glaze to the various areas to give them a bit of understated pizzaz.


Here is a look at the card when it is opened up and with the easel flap. I left two areas to write a sentiment and also for other co-workers to sign as this card is for a co-worker. This card turned out so nice and I love this new release from Cottage Cutz. Be sure to head over and pick yours up today!








Happy Birthday w/Shadow
(Out of Stock)



Well that about covers it for today. Be sure to head back by each day this week as the rest of the design team will be sharing projects featuring this fantastic set. Also be sure to come by Friday and Saturday as we will have ADDITIONAL group project featuring this amazing release!

Also, don't forget to head over to the Cottage Cutz YouTube channel for some more great content and inspiration!

Until the next time, have a wonderfully crafty day!

-Melinda

3 comments:

Mary Marsh said...

This is an amazing easel card Melinda- love the vintage appeal

Pam MacKay said...

So pretty love the design and added flap to the easel card

Kristine said...

Beautiful new take on the easel card Melinda! Lovely design ♥