Monday, June 05, 2023

Folk Art Bear

Hello crafty friends!

It's Kris sharing with you today. ☺

This week we are showcasing the brand new Folk Art Collection All 19 dies in this new release are 35% OFF!


I admit, I had to Google "Folk Art" to get a good feel for what this style is before setting out to make my card.  But I was drawn to the striking contrast of vibrant colors popping off of a black background, so that was my inspiration today.  You won't see any coloring on this card today as it's all die cut paper!  (Although, in hindsight... I wonder if I should have filled in more black space with some white gel pen dots that are so "me"?! ☺)

Design Steps:

I started by cutting the Folk Art Bear, Folk Art Flowers, Folk Art Flowers Mixed and the Folk Art Tulip from a mix of textured colored cardstock.  I didn't know exactly what I was going to use, so I cut a bunch and had some left over for another card/s.


Next, I cut a black card base at 7" x 10" and scored the 10" side in half.  Then I cut a light blue mat (same color as my bear) at 4-3/4" x 6-3/4" then set those aside until the end.

Then, I cut another smaller black panel at 4-1/2" x 6-1/2" -- this will be my main panel for my die cuts.

I just started playing with layouts and getting a feel for where I wanted the elements and color placement, without gluing anything down yet. 


Once I found the layout I wanted, I took a pic on my phone for reference, then I cleared my black panel and started to glue together my elements, and then adhered onto the black panel.  


I knew I wanted my bear to be on top, possibly overlapping some of the greenery around it, so I only laid it on there for reference while I arranged and adhered the rest of my elements under and around him.


Once I got everything glued down (except my bear), I added foam dots to the back of him and attached on top.


And the front is done!  How do we feel about no sentiment on the front of a card??  I'm not sure, but I certainly didn't leave room for one without covering stuff up, so I opted to add it to the inside.  


I cut a piece of white cardstock at 4-3/4" x 6-3/4" and attached to inside.  I then glued one of the tulips I had already die cut to the right bottom corner.  I'm going to leave a sentiment off until I know what I want to use it for.  ☺


I hope you like this new Folk Art Collection!!  It's amazing!

Happy Crafting!
~Kristine

PRODUCTS I USED:

  

  



2 comments:

Mary Marsh said...

Love this card Kristine- so striking against the black background.

Judy Rozema said...

This is an amazing work of art!