Saturday, June 24, 2023

Patriotic City Skyline

Hello CottageCutz friends! Thanks for taking the time to stop and visit with us today. It's Mary Marsh here bringing you the Saturday edition of the Blog.

We have a brand-new release in the online store. It's our Patriotic 4th of July release with 12 amazing patriotic designs and bundle pricing at 40% off for a limited time. You can pick up the individual dies at 30% off . If you love making patriotic cards to honor a veteran, to celebrate the 4th of July or to display your love for America, we have you covered with this new release.

My card for today is featuring the Patriotic Rainbow & Fireworks dies in a slimline design. I love making patriotic cards and mail them out for the 4th of July celebration. So let's get started on some details on how I created my card. 

Design Steps:
I decided to make a nighttime city skyline card. I started off doing some ink blending of the sky using distress inks. I used Bristol smooth cardstock and prized ribbon, villainous potion, black soot, fossilized amber and wild honey inks. I think this cardstock blends the inks so smoothly. 
Panel: 8 1/2" x 3 3/4"
Then I cut the America phrase and the fireworks image in red and blue cardstocks. 
For the city skyline, I used the City Skyline Slimline die and cut it in black cardstock.
  
Now I am ready to start my card assembly. I attached the images with a clear drying liquid glue and double sided tape.  
I added some stars using a white glitter paper and mounted the image panel to a white card base measuring 8 1/2" x 3 3/4".  That finishes off my card for this week. See you next Saturday.











1 comment:

Pam MacKay said...

Love your night time skyline so fun!