Saturday, June 03, 2023

Folk Art Flower Pot (New Die)

Hello CottageCutz friends! Thanks for taking the time to stop and visit with us today. It's Mary Marsh here bringing you the Saturday edition of the Blog.

We have a brand-new release in the online store. It's our Folk Art release with 19 new designs. For a limited time, you can pick up the entire bundle for 65% off. The individual dies are 35% off.

The folk-art designs are so perfect for cardmaking, journaling, and scrapbooking. They allow you to add a beautiful touch of folk art to whatever you may be creating. 

Today, I am using the Folk Art Flower Pot and I created a thinking of you card. I don't make this type of card very often and when I want to send one, I don't have any on hand. I thought this new die was so perfect for this type of card. 

Design Steps:

I first selected my card colors. I decided on a tahitian blue shade, and I had glimmer paper to match for my background. I wanted a rectangular frame around the flowerpot. The only die I had that was the size I needed is the Pierced Wide Rectangle Frame die. Looks like this one is out of stock, but you could use another rectangle die and cut a frame easily.
Next, I cut the flowerpot in cardstock using some cardstock that coordinates with the tahitian blue. These are bright summer colors. I just love the hearts on the pot. 
I cut my hello phrase in a bright pink cardstock. It's the same shade as one of the flowers. 
Now I am ready to start card assembly. I first attached the glimmer paper to the white frame. I used dimensional adhesive to attach the flowerpot. I wanted it lifted off the background. 
To finish off my card, I attached the image panel to the card base using double sided tape. Added the hello phrase on an angle for interest and secured with liquid glue. I added a couple more hearts to the glimmer paper. 
That's my card for this week. I hope I have given you an idea for this new die. Stop back every day this week to see what the other DT members are creating with these new dies. So, you don't miss any of our posts you can subscribe to our Blog and an email will go out to you every day that we have a new post.

Reminder: Marla has a new video on our YouTube channel and there is a die giveaway. Click here. 

Dies I used to create card:





No comments: