Monday, June 19, 2023

Patriotic Banner

Happy Tuesday crafty friends,
Today I am sharing a project with some of the new Cottage Cutz Patriotic dies. Here is what I made.
This fun Patriotic banner. God Bless The USA.

Here is a look at the banner hanging on my office desk. 

I started by using the USA Flag die, the USA Phrase die and the Fireworks dies. I cut them all out of white cardstock and then colored the flags with my markers. For the bases of the banners,  used wo layers of the scallop stitched rectangles. For the words God and Bless, they came from the Baptism Die and the word THE came from the Berry Phrases die set.


I used some digital papers I created to print out and make some mats for the bases. I used some foam tape to give the smaller layer a little lift and set it on an angle. 

I assembled the banner by adding some glitter tulle between the mat and the flag die. I then layered the words God Bless and The onto a double stitched rectangle die with some more digital papers I created and printed for a mat, on top. I also added some stars that were from the Fireworks die I cut out.

I also added a banner from the Patriotic Pennants die and some little stars to each. I colored the pennants alternating colors of red and blue. I then added a star to the center of each and a dot of glitter. For each corner I added one of the bows.

Here's a closer look at the A and Firework banner - pennant.

Here's a closer look at the firework. I added foam tape to give each layer a little lift.



Here's a closer look at the letter S. You can see for each letter,  I used several layers stacked to give them some depth. I layered each onto the bottom portion of each flag.

Here is a closer look at the U.


Here is a look at the banner hanging on a wall. I just adhered each pennant to some thin ribbon. I decided not to make holes on each corner to thread the ribbon throug because I wanted to use those cute little bows from the Patriotic Pennants die.

Here is one last look at my banner. It is hanging on my office desk and I get to enjoy it there until I put it out with the rest of my patriotic decor this weekend!
















I actually used the scallop stitched set, however it is currently out of stock.
This one is a great alternative.

Be sure to head over to the Cottage Cutz YouTube Channel! You will want to see what great crafty inspiration our designers share!

Well that about covers it for today. Thank you so much for stopping by and spending some of your crafty time with me. Until the next time, have a wonderfully crafty day.

Melinda

No comments: