Monday, June 26, 2023

USA ☆ Pups

Hello and happy Monday!

It's Kris sharing with you today a cute and simple card featuring the Patriotic Pennants and the USA dies.  I can't believe it's almost JULY already, can you?!  


Design Steps:

I actually cut my card base last because I wasn't sure what size I wanted, but after die cutting my main panel and matting it, etc. I ended up with an unusual size for my base (6" x 5").  So we'll start there and build up!

White card base = 10" x 6"-- scored the 10" side at 5"
Plaid patterned paper = 4-3/4" x 5-3/4"
Blue layer = 4-1/8" x 5-1/8"


Next, I printed a digi sentiment onto white cardstock, then die cut it using the largest of the Nested Wacky Stitched Rectangles.  


I decided I wanted a red scalloped mat for it.  But the largest scalloped rectangle is exactly the same size, so I did some manipulating of the die... running it thru the machine 4x ... and just doing one corner and part of the sides at a time and moving the die in between each cut to extend the size both length-wise and width-wise.
 

I die cut the pieces from the Patriotic Pennants and the USA dies.  I hand cut the banners off of the string and glued the stars onto the string instead for a different look!  I then glued the bows from the pennants die onto the USA --- isn't it so cute?!  ☺  I also colored the dogs with Copic markers. 


Here's a close-up of the card front ☺






Wishing you all a blessed and safe holiday!!
- Kristine

1 comment:

Mary Marsh said...

This is so cute Kristine- I love the patriotic pups