Friday, April 17, 2020

Spring Chicken

Happy Friday!  I hope everyone is well.  It's Jeanne today with a birthday card for all the "spring chickens" in your life.  This card uses the Rooster & Chick and Spring Lamb & Chick dies from the Spring collection.
I used the layout from this week's sketch challenge at Splitcoaststampers.  I rotated the sketch and made it square.
https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/card-sketches-f41/sketch-challenge-786-%7B01-29-2020%7D-t632177.html
I first cut all the pieces for the rooster, chick and sun from various colors of scrap cardstock.  I debated about whether to go bright or more realistic for the rooster.  Once I had picked out my background paper I decided on the bright colors. (Ultimately I decided not to use the sun, but I saved it for later.)
I used the second largest of the Nested Scalloped Squares and the third largest of the Stitched Squares to cut the center panels.  Then I cut a 5 inch square from solid yellow and a 4 3/4 inch square from patterned paper.  I picked these papers as I thought they had a "country" feel that went with the rooster.  I stamped my sentiment in the corner of the white square.
Next I used coordinating ribbon for the diagonal stripes.  I glued this to the yellow panel and then that to a top fold 5 inch square card.
In order to raise the square panel above the ribbon I placed foam tape on the back.  I left the corner that would go over the ribbon blank, so the square would lay flat over the ribbon.
After I placed the square and the rooster, I thought it still needed a little something.  And that something was flowers!  The flowers from the Spring Lamb & Chick coordinate perfectly with this paper!
I used the peacock blue and magenta that are in the paper for the flowers.
I love this little rooster!  I have a whole set of "punny" chicken sentiments, so I know this die will be getting a lot more use!

Dies used:
http://www.scrappingcottage.com/cottagecutzroosterandchick.aspx
http://www.scrappingcottage.com/cottagecutzspringlambandchick.aspx
http://www.scrappingcottage.com/cottagecutznestedscallopsquareset.aspx
http://www.scrappingcottage.com/cottagecutzstitchedsquaresetbasics.aspx

Thanks for stopping by today.  Be sure to visit the online store where we have a new Gardening release.  There is a great value bundle and all the individual dies are on sale for a limited time!


5 comments:

Mary Marsh said...

Really cute card- this die and your sentiment combo - priceless (lol) - you have some great punny sentiments

Pam MacKay said...

Super bright and happy love the mix of DP and the fun sentiment

Joanne said...

So cute Jeanne. I love your cute sentiments too! Beautiful work!

Janja said...

Oh, how cute!

Sukie said...

So cute! The sentiment works perfectly with your card! Love the papers too!