Friday, April 10, 2020

Hope Your Day is Ducky

Happy Friday!  It's Jeanne today with a fun card featuring another adorable duck from the new spring release.
To begin I cut the duck and tub from yellow, orange and galvanized metal card stock along with vellum for the bubbles.
I assembled all the pieces except for the splashes using Art Glitter Glue.  I find that I can glue vellum using this and not have it show through! I used a multi-liner pen to color the eyes.
Next I cut a panel 4.25 x5.5 inches from yellow gingham, and strips of card stock 1.5 x 4.25 inches and 1.75 x 4.25 inches.  I used the second largest die from the stitched scalloped circles to cut a white medallion.
I stamped my sentiment on the smallest strip and glued the three pieces together.  One thing I love about checked and striped paper is that it makes it very easy to place items on straight!
I adhered the duck and the splashes to the medallion using the Art Glitter Glue.
To finish the card, I wrapped some baker's twine around the panel just above the sentiment then used foam dots to add the medallion.  I placed it at an angle as I thought this emphasized the playfulness of the duck in the tub.
I glued the panel to a white A2 card base.  I love this image and sentiment as it can use this card for a birthday or a thinking of you card - it's very versatile!

Be sure to stop by the online store where the new dies are on sale for a very limited time!

Dies used:
http://www.scrappingcottage.com/cottagecutzsplishsplashduckling.aspx
http://www.scrappingcottage.com/cottagecutznestedstitchedscallopcircleset.aspx

Thanks for stopping by today.  Ihope you have a fun and creative weekend!


4 comments:

Pam MacKay said...

Super cute ducky! Love how he is splashing in the tub!

Sukie said...

Very cute card! I always love the gingham background with the duck!

Mary Marsh said...

Too cute - I like the right colors also- love this as a birthday card

Janja said...

How very cute that is.