Saturday, April 18, 2020

Garden Wheelbarrow (new die)

Hello Scrapping Cottage friends! Thanks for taking the time to stop and visit with us today. It's Mary Marsh here bringing you the Saturday edition of the Blog. Hope you are doing ok in the midst of the pandemic. It's a great time to make some cards. I find it so relaxing being able to create and have my mind off all that's going on. 

We have a brand new release of dies in the online store. This one is garden themed and has 19 new designs. For a limited time, each individual die is 25% off or you can get the entire bundle for only $99. That's 69% off the retail price of each die. These new dies are perfect for birthdays, Mother's Day, Father's Day or even a thinking of you card for the person who loves to garden.

For my card today, I am featuring the new Garden Wheelbarrow  and the Garden Phrases dies. So let's get started with some details on how I created my card.

Design Steps:

This was a work in progress for me this week. I had a basic idea of what I wanted to do, but I would have to lay it all out to see how it would look. I started by cutting the wheelbarrow and flowers. I used various colors of cardstock for the die elements. You could also use white cardstock and color with your choice of medium. Either way will produce a beautiful image.
Next, I cut a phrase from the Garden Phrases die. I couldn't decide which one to use but eventually settled on the Live life in full bloom phrase. But any of the three would have worked for my card. I am going to use this as a birthday card with the birthday sentiment on the inside.
I wanted the wheelbarrow and phrase to have a fence as the backdrop. I first used an embossing folder but I didn't like that look. So I pulled out this stamp and used it to stamp my fence background. I used a light gray cardstock (smoky slate) and the matching ink. 

I didn't like the look of the fence without a bottom border of grass. So I cut a grass layer using the Spring Grass die.  It gave a more finished look to my fence.
Now that everything is cut, I can start the card assembly. I attached the wheelbarrow first using dimensional adhesive. I lifted it off the fence background slightly.
Next up, I attached the phrase using Ranger multi matte adhesive. I cut it 2x to give the phrase a bit more dimension. That's just my preference, because it looked ok with just a single cut.
To finish off my card, I attached the image panel to the red (lovely lipstick) card base. I also scattered a few lovely lipstick enamel dots.

Well that's it for me for this post. Our DT will be posting additional samples next week with these new beautiful dies. I will see you next Saturday.

dies I used to create card:





5 comments:

Jeanne said...

So cute Mary! Love these new gardening dies!

Joanne said...

I love your card Mary. I especially like the wood fence background. Beautiful work!

Sukie said...

Great card Mary! I'm excited to create with the new dies!

Janja said...

Beautiful card! I really like this release.

Pam MacKay said...

Love the new collection! Your card is so pretty!