Wednesday, April 15, 2020

It's your Birthday - Paint the Town!

Hello!  This is Sukie and today I have a bright and cheery card to share for my design team post.  I used one of the intricate dies from the Spring die release.
I cut out the largest butterfly from the Springtime Butterflies die set and opted to leave all of the negative space pieces intact.  The butterfly was inked up with some Oxide Inks.  The doily is from the Nested Stitched Doily Set.
I used a rainbow of Oxide Inks to create the background for my card. Once the ink was dry, I splattered it with some water.
I waited for the water to dry and then splattered the card panel with some white paint.  Next, I embossed it with a butterfly embossing folder.
The doily was adhered in the center of my card base breaking up the rainbow background.  The white doily also helps to bring out the paint splatters.
The butterfly was nestled inside the doily.  A heat embossed sentiment on some vellum was the finishing touch on my card.
Here are the dies used on my card, available in the store:

4 comments:

Mary Marsh said...

I love the ink blended background on your card- the sentiment is a perfect match- nice use of the butterfly die

Jeanne said...

That sentiment is so perfect for your blended background and this gorgeous butterfly! Terrific card!

Janja said...

What a beautiful card, Sukie!

Pam MacKay said...

Lovely blended background looks like a pretty rainbow!