Friday, April 24, 2020

New Release - Bloom Where You are Planted!

Happy Friday Cottage Cutz fans!  It's Jeanne today with a clean and simple card featuring dies from the beautiful new Gardening release.  All the dies are wonderful, but I fell in love with the Puppy in Garden Cart die as soon as I saw it! This little guy poking through the flowers is adorable.
To begin the card I picked a floral patterned paper so I could match some colors to use on my card.  I cut a white panel 4.25 x 5.5 inches and a strip of the floral paper .5 x 6 inches for the right side.  I glued the strip to the panel and snipped off the excess paper.
I then cut my pieces from matching colors of cardstock using the Puppy with Garden Cart die and the watering can from the Gardening Tomte die.
I cut a lot of flowers!  Before assembling the cart and flower pots I used Distress Oxide ink in Vintage Photo to edge the cart, pots and greenery.
I used Basic Grey ink to edge and shade the dog, then I assembled him.
Next, I cut my sentiment and a few flowers using the Garden Phrases die.  I thought this particular sentiment worked perfectly with this little pup!
I assembled everything flat on the panel.  When I added the watering can I used a foam dot to pop it up from the card.
I added a few matching sequins near the lower pots and a very thin strip of solid pink cardstock next to the floral panel to finish everything off.  I glued the panel to an A2 card base.

These dies are on sale for a very LIMITED time so be sure to stop by the online store!  They are all wonderful!

Dies used:
http://www.scrappingcottage.com/cottagecutzpuppyingardencart.aspx

http://www.scrappingcottage.com/cottagecutzgardenphrases.aspx
http://www.scrappingcottage.com/cottagecutzgardeningtomte.aspx

Thanks for stopping by!  I hope you have a relaxing and creative weekend!


4 comments:

Mary Marsh said...

So cute - this little puppy is so sweet peeking out of the flowers- love it

Pam MacKay said...

Love the combination of dies! Such a cute design too love the side strip of flowers!

Janja said...

That's so cute!

Sukie said...

Great card! The puppy is absolutely adorable amongst all of the gardening elements!