Saturday, April 11, 2020

Birthday Blooms

Hello Scrapping Cottage friends! Thanks for taking the time to stop and visit with us today. It's Mary Marsh here bringing you the Saturday edition of the Blog. Hope you are doing ok in the midst of the pandemic. It's a great time to make some cards. I find it so relaxing being able to create and have my mind off all that's going on.

The latest release of Spring dies are available in the online store and currently 25% off.  There are 27 new dies in the release and each one is cuter than the next. They are perfect for Spring card making.

Today, I am featuring the new Spring Blooms die. I used it to create a birthday card for a special friend. She loves flowers and is an avid gardener so this one is perfect for her. So let's get started on how I created this card. 

Design Steps:

I started my card this week by selecting a designer paper. I already had a layout in mind using the Stitched Wide Rectangle Frame die that would frame the paper. I found this paper that was in a galaxy collection that I thought would work well because of the soft colors.

I paired it up with a heather (purple) cardstock and cut the frame in a lighter purple cardstock. 
Heather card base: 4 1/4" x 5 1/2"
Pierced Wide Frame: 3 3/4" x 4 3/4"

I laid the frame on the designer paper to figure out where to make my cut. I wanted more of the blue on the bottom right. That way I could stamp my sentiment directly on the paper.

I then cut the blooms various cardstock colors. You could always cut in white cardstock and then sponge on colors or color with markers or pencils.
I am ready to start card assembly. I stamped the birthday sentiment directly on the designer paper in a grape ink. 
I decided to add this panel to the card base before I attached the die cut blooms. Just in case I decided to take the flowers outside the frame. 
Next I attached the flower spray. I laid it out before attaching to get an idea of where everything should go. I used a combination of glue dots and multi-matte adhesive. 
I worked from the bottom up and used the packaging photo for help with placement. I adjusted to fit my card design. 

I added a few of the lighter purple sequins to finish off my card.
Well, that's it for me for this week. Tomorrow is Easter Sunday and this year it's a bit different for us here. We will watch our church service online and then Easter dinner will just be my hubby and I. No extended family this year because of the stay at home order that's in place. So whatever you are doing enjoy! See you next Saturday.

dies I used to create card:



6 comments:

Andre M. said...

Fabulous design, love this spring palette.

Jeanne said...

Beautiful! The frame really sets off the flowers nicely.

Pam MacKay said...

So pretty love the soft colors!

JoAnn said...

Beautiful card. Love the frame and the pretty floral spray. TFS

Janja said...

That's really nice!

Sukie said...

Very pretty card! Those flowers are so gorgeous!