Monday, January 16, 2012

Sending Eskimo Kisses

Good morning!  I hope you enjoyed a great weekend, and if you're lucky, you are enjoying an extra day this week with the holiday today.  That's an extra day for crafting, which sounds like a productive way to spend a day off.  Even though it doesn't feel quite like it, believe it or not, we're still in the middle of winter.  It's 53 degrees in Missouri this morning, but I'm sending you some Eskimo kisses with the card I'm sharing today.

This sweet little Eskimo with Igloo Cottage Cutz die is so much fun to paper piece using patterned paper.  That's exactly what I did with his clothes.  I added some shading with Copic markers, and of course had to bling it up a bit with some glitter for sparkle.  I sponged the edges of the fur on his clothing with some distress ink, and I sponged the igloo with blue ink to accentuate the blocks.  The sentiment is from Peachy Keen Stamps, and I finished this card off with some waffle weave red ribbon.

Have a wonderful day, and happy crafting!

Lorie

2 comments:

Cheryl Walker said...

Awww Lorie your card is DARLING!!!! Love it!!! Well its winter here, it looks like we are getting a little bit of snow here in Utah! and hubby says its COLD outside, i think it was to be 30 not sure as im up stairs and can only see out .....hehehehehe better that way...lol

anyways super CUTE card hun!
Hugs,
Cheryl

Jeannie from PolkaCabana.wordpress.com said...

I simply adore that background! Is that paper? The Eskimo is too cute! What a happy and fun card!