Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Fun Glitter Technique


Hi die cut fans...it's Lori here with you today highlighting one of our new Valentines Days Die...Filigree Love Birds.  I really wish I could have captured a bit of a better picture, but the glitter was difficult to photograph.  However, I did really love the technique I used for this project.


I mounted a  4 x 4 sheet of Sookwang double sticky cardstock to a piece of vellum and then cut out the die.  Being double mounted it won't cut all the way through the vellum, but it will go through all of the Sookwang.  I then used my fine tip tweezers and removed sections of the tape cover.  Once I had a section pulled off I sprinkled with colored glitter.  Once the green area was glittered in, I moved onto the pink area taking off the tape cover and then glittering. I mounted it to a mini book ready to fill with love notes and pictures for that someone special.  I hope you give this technique a try 

See ya soon,

Hugs,


1 comment:

Janice W. said...

Great technique! Thanks for sharing. Pretty!