Thursday, December 31, 2009

Trimming the Tree

I fell in love with this Cottage Cutz Poinsettia Shape from the Winter Wonderland Release the moment I saw it! I love all the layered leaves because it really allows you to customize your flower how ever you would like and is just such a true to life representation of a poinsettia.

I was working on this Trimming the Tree layout and I thought the poinsettia shape would make such a lovely addition to the layout. See, I always decorate with poinsettias each year, but they don't necessarily make it into my Christmas photos because of where they tend to be placed (bathrooms, foyer, that kind of place). So by adding the poinsettia die cut to my layout about decorating the Christmas tree, it reminds me of the poinsettias that are all around us but you just can't see them in the pictures.


I hope everyone has had a chance to start looking over your Christmas pictures so you know which Cottage Cutz dies you need to add to your next order to go with all of your upcoming holiday layouts!!

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!!!!!!!!

4 comments:

Dolores said...

Love the poinsetta - it's on my wish list for 2010. Thanks for all the great ideas!

annb said...

Your poinsetta looks so real. I love how you stitched around the page.

CreatedbyKay said...

This poinsettia has such great detail, I'll have to add this one to my list. Cute LO - I like how you added the gems around the circle.

Rochelle said...

This is a beautiful layout, Ruth Ellen! The flower is so vibrant and velvety...it looks like a real poinsettia! I just can't believe how pretty that looks! It is the perfect touch for a darling layout! :O)