Wednesday, December 09, 2009

WATCH FOR IT WEDNESDAY #38

Welcome to Watch for it Wednesday. For today's project you will need the following items, Distress Crackle Paint, Distress ink and the item you want to distress preferably a CottageCutz die. I used Picket Fence Distress Crackle Paint, Vintage Photo Distress Ink, and the CottageCutz Fence.

After cutting out the die, painted it with the distress crackle paint. The paint needs to be completely dry before you can go to the next step. If you are short on time let the paint dry for a few minutes and then use your embossing gun to dry it the rest of the way. You should be able to see cracks in dry paint.
After the paint is dry, add distress ink to the die then rub the ink into the cracks (I used my fingers to do this).
Take a damp cloth and rub off the excess ink. You will have an antique type finish look, or weathered look like my fence. This was a perfect technique for the fence on my layout.
Here is how I used it on a layout. I also used the CottageCutz Windmill.

5 comments:

CreatedbyKay said...

Great idea for that fence die, it makes it look so real! I've never tried this crackle paint, I might just have to get me some. TFS Ann!

Amber H. said...

I actually love this technique.. definitely looks like worn, sun bleached wood!

Rochelle said...

This is just amazing Ann! It looks so awesome! I mean it really does look like an old worn out fence! I love it! The windmill looks really cute tucked up in that corner all worn out too! You really captured an authentic "farm" look and showcased it so well with such an adorable layout! :O)

DonnaMundinger said...

Wow it looks just like wood! Love your layout too! xxD

Ruth Ellen said...

I don't know what happened to my comment from yesterday so I guess I will just add it back! I can't wait to go out and get some Crackle paint now after your great tip today!! Thanks, Ann!!