Thursday, December 10, 2009

Snow Day!!

We had a December snow over the weekend so of course I couldn't wait to grab this adorable Cottage Cutz Snowman from the Holly Jolly Release for my layout. Now before everyone starts laughing at our pitiful little snow, you have to know that flakes of any kind are a big deal in Alabama!! And the fact that we actually had some accumulation in December is almost unheard of for us!! My poor children are now expecting snow for Christmas (which I am trying to explain just doesn't happen in Alabama!)

To really bring this snowman to life, I cut him out of white cardstock and then covered the cardstock with Icicle Stickles. The reason I did it this way instead of just using glitter cardstock, is that I knew that as the Stickles dry, they will curl up the paper a little bit which would give my snowman a more 3-D feel. I also used black stickles for his eyes and buttons. I used my Copics and chalks to outline the body and to add a little rosy cheek before I added the stickles. You can choose whatever color or patterned paper you want for his scarf to really personalize his outfit to your layout!

I'll have to make a layout next of our little snowman that we built - although I will probably need the Cottage Cutz Mini Snowman for that one!! ;) You can see how much we had to work with for our snowman!

5 comments:

annb said...

Your layout is adorable. I love your cute snowman. What a wonderful idea to use the stickles on the snowman, it added a special touch. Frosty is alive!!!!! And what a special treat for your children to get some unexpected snow!!!

Rochelle said...

I love this! It is the CUTEST layout! And your adorable snowman, all shiny and sparkly, does bring this wonderful layout to life! Thank-you for sharing such a fantastic page with us....how inspiring!

DonnaMundinger said...

What an adorable layout! Love the sparkly snowman, sooo cute! We actually had some snow like that here Mon...in CA! Do you believe it?! xxD

Kerrie said...

Your layout is really cute, I just can't imagine snow at christmas!

CreatedbyKay said...

What a cute LO - love what you did with the snowman!