Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Watch for it Wednesdays!! #40

I feel like we have sort of reached a milestone with our 40th Watch for it Wednesday post! I guess 50 will really be exciting!!

My post today is a memory preserving kind of a tip. I think around the holidays more than any other time, you end up taking a lot more pictures in a much smaller period of time, am I right?? Every family gathering big and small, parties, children's pageants, you name it - the photo ops during this time of year way out number the scrapping hours available.

Sometimes, us scrapaholics can get bogged down by wanting to scrap every single picture we have in order to truly commemorate the holiday season. If you have that kind of time and patience, go for it!! But for the rest of us, we need another system.

What you need to remember is that there is a difference between a scrapbook and a photo album. Photo albums exist so you can print every picture you took of each and every Christmas present and proudly display it in the album. But scrapbooks are for telling the stories and the memories behind the pictures you see. That's why we scrap, right?! To tell and preserve the stories.

I want to share with you something I have started doing for my Disney album which I think would also work great for these holiday times. Why not have a combination scrapbook/photo album?! There are no rules saying you can't have layouts and photo pages in the same album!! In my combination Disney album, I scrap the pictures I want, and then in between the layouts, I include photo pages filled with all the "extras" that go along with the story of the layout. For instance, I scrapped a page detailing a parade we watched in Magic Kingdom. Then following that layout, I added photo pages to hold all of the parade pictures I took. It is like the best of both worlds, plus it keeps all of my pictures and stories together in one place.

I hope this tip has been interesting and has inspired you to stay "caught up" this holiday season!

Merry Christmas!!!!

3 comments:

annb said...

Great Tip, Ruth Ellen. I also love adding photo pages in my scrapbook. It's fun to see the extra pictures. Merry Christmas!!! I hope you and your family are having a wonderful day!

CreatedbyKay said...

I've done this with a few of our events and it really is the way to go when you have lots of pics! TFS Ruth Ellen.

TristanzNina said...

Ruth Ellen, these are adorable! I love your ideas! Cheryle