Sunday, January 21, 2018

Walk in the Woods

Hi!

This is Anja again. My brother is finally doing better and we hope he'll be home in the next few days. We have a beautiful sunny Sunday here in Slovenia. Perfect for a nice walk in the woods. Like this fox I made for today's post.


For this card I used:
- Cottage Cutz dies (Fox & Bird, Birch Trees, Rustic Sign & Trees, Snowy Tree),
- Distress Inks (Wild Honey, Spiced Marmalade, Peacock Feathers, Broken China, Pumice Stone, Black Soot, Bundled Sage, Peeled Paint, Forest Moss, Pine Needles, Antique Linen, Tea Dye, Vintage Photo, Walnut Stain),
- craft card base (15x15 cm),
- craft paper for background (15x14,8 cm),
- white card stock for die cuts,
- paper cutter,
- white pigment ink,
- white pen,
- black brush pen,
- black liner pen,
- paper scissors,
- paper glue.

First I cut the card base. I cut the front for 6 cm. The inside of the card base was a little lighter, so I decided to cut another background (15x 14,8 cm) that's the same color as the outside of the card base. I used white pigment ink to add a bit of mist to the sky. I glued the background inside.


Then I used the dies and cut and colored all the pieces. I cut two sets of birch trees.




I colored the black parts with the black brush pen.


First I glued the birch trees on the card base. I cut two identical stripes of white card stock for the ground.  First is 9 cm long, the second is 14,8 cm long.


When I had the background finished, I added the remaining trees and animals. And this is the final result.





Have a nice Sunday and we'll see each other in a week.
Anja Z.

Cottage Cutz dies I used:



6 comments:

Mary Marsh said...

This is a great winter forest scene Anja- love the sweet fox with his cute scarf

Lois said...

You've created a wonderful little winter scene with your fox and birch trees, Anja. I like the way you cut the front piece back to allow the trees on the inside to be part of the front of the card. Well done!

Janja said...

I like this scene. Nicely done!

SugarShine Designs said...

Awesome card Anja! Such a cheery winter forest scene. -Janet

Pam MacKay said...

Super cute little fox in the forest scene! Love the bird and bunny too!

Jeanne said...

Your cards are always so intricate and beautiful - I love them. And this one is particularly pretty.