Sunday, January 07, 2018

Puppy Love

Hi!

It's Anja here. I hope you had nice holidays. I had a few days off and managed to get some rest before I started working again on Wednesday. I like to start new year fresh so this weekend I'm working on my craft room. I bought some new shelves and now I'm trying to sort all my supplies and organize them again. I decided to put some stuff away because I'm not using it anymore. Hope I can finish everything today.

For my Sunday post I made a Valentine's card and a matching envelope. I used the Puppy die, which is now available in the store for a great price.


For the card and envelope I used:
- Cottage Cutz dies (Puppy w/ Ribbon, Heartbeats, Phrase Love, Circle Set),
- Distress inks (Barn Door, Pumice Stone),
- white card base (15x 10,5 cm),
- white envelope (16x 11 cm),
- red paper (10x 15 cm and 16x 7cm),
- patterned paper (9,2 x 15 cm and 15x 6,2 cm),
- red, grey, black and white card stock for die cuts,
- adhesive foam pads,
- paper glue,
- white pen.

I used colored card stock to cut all the pieces. I added some grey around the edges of the puppy.


I die cut love phrase from red card stock. I cut off the part of letter "l" to match the ribbon.


I die cut two smaller hearts with the Heartbeat die and one larger one. I used Barn Door Distress Ink to color the edges of the hearts.


I die cut two circles (the second and the third largest from the set.


I used pattern and red paper for the background. I only had 15 cm wide pattern paper, so I cut it in to and mask it with the circle.



When I had everything cut and colored I glued it together. And this is the finished project. Card and the decorated envelope. I used white pen to finish the Puppy's eyes and the heart.





Have a nice Sunday!
Anja Z.


Cottage Cutz dies I used:








5 comments:

Mary Marsh said...

this is just to cute Anja - love how you used this Christmas puppy for a Valentine card - hope you get the craft room finished today- that is my next project

Janja said...

This is wonderful! Well done.

Jeanne said...

I love how you combined the ribbon with the word - it looks seamless! Very cute cards!

Pam MacKay said...

Adorable pup perfect for a Valentine card!

SugarShine Designs said...

Super clever! -Janet