Wednesday, January 24, 2018

Valentine Secret Message Slider Card!



Hello everyone! It’s Janet back with another video project for you today. With Valentine’s Day around the corner, I thought I would create a fun secret message slider card. When you pull on the tab, it reveals a heartbeat and finishes the sentiment so that the card reads, “My heart……” on the front and “Beats for You!” on the slider tab.

I had a lot of fun using foam for some of the pieces on this card including the glittered hearts from the Heartbeats die set and two bows from the Build A Bow die. These pieces add a lot of dimension and texture. I really like using foam for bows because they’ll pop back into shape after being mailed. I decorated the front using the Doily from the Tea Time Doily die and added a border at the top and bottom from the Sweet Love Border Set. As it happens, the Heartbeats die is currently 35% off and is under $6.50 right now at the store so I encourage you to check that out and the other sales currently underway.


Please visit the video showing how this card works, comes together and some other tips and tricks. Also, I have included a link to a free .pdf template in the video description. The template is a trace of the handmade card base and mechanism I created for this card. You can print it on card stock, cut it out and decorate with your favorite CottagCutz dies.




Thanks for visiting today! I’ll back again on Valentine’s Day with a sweet spring card using dies from the new release that will be coming soon!

Dies used on this project:








5 comments:

Pam MacKay said...

Adorable slider card love all the beautiful decorations you added!

Lois said...

What a cool Valentine slider card, Janet! I always enjoy your videos.

Jeanne said...

Great idea for a Valentine's card! And the video is terrific as always.

Janja said...

Wow - what a great card and video!

Anja Ž. said...

Nice work Janet. I like your video too.