Monday, January 22, 2018

Narcissus

Hi, Lois here today.  While waiting for the newest release from CottageCutz to arrive, I pulled out one of the stamp/die Birthday Flowers sets, which are currently on sale on the website.  The one I used for my relatively-simple card today is the Narcissus, which is December's flower.  I found some old patterned paper which I thought would work well with this flower.


To start my card, I cut the cardstock for the base:

White - 8 1/2" x 5 1/2"
Orange - 4" x 5 1/4"
Patterned paper - 3 7/8" x 5 1/8"


I constructed my card base.


I then cut my two ovals from white and orange, using the 2nd largest Double-Stitched Oval die for the white and the largest Nested Stitched Eyelet Oval for the orange.


I stamped a small sentiment at the bottom of the white oval and glued it to the orange oval before attaching it to the card base.




Next I stamped my images onto a piece of white cardstock . . .


. . . die cut them and colored them with Copic markers.


I attached the die-cuts to my card using small foam pop dots, and I was finished.


CottageCutz sets used on this card are:

http://www.scrappingcottage.com/search.aspx?find=Narcissus

http://www.scrappingcottage.com/cottagecutznestedstitchedeyeletovalset.aspx


http://www.scrappingcottage.com/search.aspx?find=double+stitched+ovals

I invite you to check out the CottageCutz store, which has lots of discounts on their dies -- up to 70% off on some of them.

6 comments:

Anja Ž. said...

Lois, this card is so elegant. You combined the colors beautifully.

Mary Marsh said...

So pretty Lois- the flower stamps and dies make for such lovely cards- and the color's you chose are perfect

SugarShine Designs said...

Very pretty Lois. It's happy and peaceful and best of all reminds me that spring is on the way! -Janet

Jeanne said...

So pretty. The eyelet oval and the pattern paper sets off the image beautifully.

Janja said...

I like this card, Lois. Simply beautiful and elegant.

Pam MacKay said...

Love the stripes in the background and the use of the oval dies! Pretty card!