Sunday, January 28, 2018

Sending Hugs

Hi!

This is Anja again. Yesterday Mary showed you some new dies that are already in the store. They are super cute. I'm still waiting for mine to come, so I used a cute bear die today and some Distress Oxides to make a simple card.


I used:
- Cottage Cutz dies (Sending Hugs Bear, Oval Set (Basics),
- Distress Oxides (Worn Lipstick, Candied Apple, Abandoned Coral, Fired Brick) and Inks (Forest Moss, Fired Brick),
- white card base 10,5x15 cm),
- white water color paper for background (10x14,5 cm) and die cuts,
- Zig brush pens (grey and flesh shades),
- black pen,
- heat gun,
- watercolor brush,
- silicone pad,
- paper glue.

First I made the background. I started with lighter shades and then got to darker ones. It shows on the pictures in which order I added the colors.






When I was satisfied with the colors, I spritzed water over it and dried the paper with the heat gun.


Then I used oval die (the second in size) and embossed it on the paper wit my silicon pad and Big Shot machine.


This time I used Zig markers to color the die cuts. I wanted the bear to have a more water colored look.


When I had everything colored I glued it together. And this is the finished card.




Have a nice Sunday and don't forget to check all the new dies in the store. You can get them on discount. Easter will be here soon.

See you next Sunday.
Anja Z.

Cottage Cutz products I used:


6 comments:

Mary Marsh said...

Love this sweet bear - and your sponged and spritzed background -awesome - embossing the oval die turned out great

Jeanne said...

Beautiful card Anja! I love your background, it sets of the bear perfectly.

Pam MacKay said...

Love that little bear so cute and your background looks awesome!

Lois said...

Cute card, Anja! I love the bright background.

Janja said...

So beautiful card! I like the background color.

SugarShine Designs said...

Very nice huggable bear for Valentine’s Day! Great red!