Wednesday, January 17, 2018

Get To Know Anja Zurga

Hello Scrapping Cottage friends! Thanks for taking the time to stop and visit with us. We started a new feature several weeks ago that we are continuing with today on the Blog.  We would like to give you a closer look at our designers.  It's  a "get to know the design team"  and today we are featuring Anja Zurgman.

As you know my name is Anja. I'm 31 years old and I come from a small village in the center of Slovenia. I'm a psychologist by profession and in September I started working for a small NGO that helps victims of road accidents and their relatives. We are also doing educational workshops on road safety for kids, teenagers and their parents. 

I’m not married yet and I don’t have any kids. But I have a border coli named Oxi, a cat Oli and a house bunny Toni. They are great inspiration sometimes. I love reading books and watching sports. I’m a big tennis fan, I also like to watch winter sports and handball. 

When I don't work (which is very rare as of lately) I craft. I mostly create cards and explosion boxes. I love working in 3d. I always listen to music when I’m crafting. It feels strange if I work in silence.
I specialized in paper crafting approximately five year ago when I found Pinterest and bought my first Big Shot (it is still the one I'm using today). Before that I was mostly making jewelry and crafting with felt. But now paper is the material I use most. 

I prefer using white paper and coloring it my way. I always use 300 g paper that I color with Distress Inks and Oxides. I could not craft without those. One of my favorite crafting supplies are also Cottage Cutz dies. When I was little, my favorite toys were Lego bricks. And putting together all the small pieces from Cottage Cutz dies reminds me of building the bricks.

I started writing my blog Ideje od A do Ž (Ideas from A to Z) last year when I met some of my crafty friends from Slovenia. Before that I used Google + to publish my work. 
My crafting role models are definitely Vladka Šerbinek and Janja Albreht. I remember how I was eagerly waiting for every new blog post they published. I still  am :)

Here are some of my favorite projects made with Cottage Cutz dies:




5 comments:

Lois said...

It was nice to get to know you a bit more, Anja! I don't work in silence either, although my favorite "white noise" is the TV.

Pam MacKay said...

Great to get to know you a little better! So glad you are a teammate!

Janja said...

Anja, it was nice to get to know something more about you, although we know each other.
It is my pleasure to work with you, and the other ladies from the design team.

SugarShine Designs said...

Anja, I am glad to know more about you. Your work is beautiful and I consider myself lucky to work with you on the DT. I hope to tour Slovenia someday. I especially want to visit Logar Valley National Park. :)

Jeanne said...

Anja, it is nice to read about you and get to know you better. I love your work - it is very beautiful! It is wonderful to work with you on the design team.