Saturday, January 13, 2018

Valentine Cups of Love

Hello Scrapping Cottage friends! Thanks for taking the time to stop and visit today. It's Mary Marsh here bringing you the Saturday edition of the Blog. Hope you are staying warm during this cold snap that is currently with us.

The winter months are so perfect for enjoying a hot cuppa and doing some crafting. Don't you agree? And that's what I have been doing this past week. Today my card is featuring some older Valentine dies. I used the cups of love dies to make this card. So let's get started with the details of how I created my card.

Step 1: I started my card this week with my layout. That's always a good starting point for me. It gives my Mojo a jump start. Splitcoaststampers had this sketch that worked really well for the card I had in mind.
Step 2: Once my layout was decided upon, I chose my card colors. I kept with the traditional red and white with a black accent for the card base and layers. For the cups I decided to add some pink and a Caribbean blue cardstock.
I had a pack of older Valentine themed papers and chose one of the patterns for my card. I used a hearts embossing folder on the black panel for interest.
Red Card Base: 5 1/2" x 4 1/4"
Patterned Paper Layer: 5 3/8" x 4 1/8"
Black embossed layer: 5 3/8" x 1 1/2"
 
Step 3: On this step I cut the cups and the various embellies to decorate them. I assembled them and then took my photo. I attached everything with Ranger multi medium matte.
Step 4: Started my card assembly. Adhered the card base panels with double sided tape.
I attached the cups to the black embossed panel with dimensional adhesive.
Then I added the steam and the ascending hearts. On the blue cup, I added the love word from the Love Bow & Arrow die. Did you catch the cute little perched birdie?
Step 5: Since I was stamping my sentiment directly on the patterned paper, I heat embossed. Used pigment ink and black embossing powder. I wanted the sentiment to stand out.
That completes my card for this week. I hope I have given you some inspiration for the Valentine cards you may be creating. All the dies I used on today's card are available in the online store.
 
Have a great week and I will be back again next Saturday.
 
 
Dies I used to create card:
http://www.scrappingcottage.com/cottagecutzcupoflove.aspx
 
http://www.scrappingcottage.com/cottagecutzlovebowandarrow.aspx
 
 
 
 

6 comments:

Anja Ž. said...

Your cups of love are so adorable. Great idea for a Valentine's card.

Jeanne said...

I love how you interpreted the sketch and used the coffee cups! Great card.

Pam MacKay said...

Very cute love the cups perfect for the sketch!

Lois said...

I love how you used those cups for the three elements in the sketch. We used the same sketch this week for two entirely different looks.

Janja said...

This is a very nice card, Mary. Now I'm drinking my afternoon coffee and admiring this card. Double pleasure :).

SugarShine Designs said...

What a great valentine's day card! The cups are very inviting and that little birdie is too cute! - Janet