Friday, January 26, 2018

Celebration!!!

Good morning!  It's Jeanne today with a birthday card.  I don't know about you, but I can never have too many birthday cards on hand.  And if they are good for either male or female, young or old that's even better.  This card is great for anyone.
I found some patterned paper that reminded me of birthday candles and got my colors from that - Bermuda Bay, Calypso Coral, Daffodil Delight and Night of Navy.  I wanted some fun bright colors.  Then, I used the Layered Cake & Stand die and cut it out of all colors so I could see what combinations I liked for the cake. (And now I have extras for other cards in complementary colors!)
I also die cut the cake stand from silver cardstock and the word "Celebrate"from the navy.  I cut an A2 card base out of white, a strip 1 x 5 1/2 inches from the pattern paper and a strip 1 1/8 x 5 1/2 inches from the navy.  I also die cut two rectangles using the second largest die from the Nested Wacky Stitched rectangles - one white and one Bermuda Bay.
I then stamped confetti on the white die cut rectangle.

I used snail adhesive to attached the pattern paper over my navy strip and then glued it to the left side of the card.  I angled the Bermuda Bay panel on the card and glued the white panel on it but just a little offset to give a "shadow".
My final step was to add the cake, the sentiment and some sequins.

Dies used:
http://www.scrappingcottage.com/cottagecutzlayeredcakeandstand3x3.aspx
http://www.scrappingcottage.com/cottagecutznestedwackystitchedrectangleset.aspx
http://www.scrappingcottage.com/cottagecutzexpressionspluscelebratephrase.aspx

I hope you enjoyed my card today.  Thanks for stopping by and have a creative weekend!


6 comments:

SugarShine Designs said...

Awesome card! There's so much goodness going on to complement the cake and make it really stand out. -Janet

Lois said...

What a happy card! I love the papers you used with your cake. And, you're correct, this card could be used for anyone celebrating a birthday.

Pam MacKay said...

What a wonderful design! So happy and bright!

Mary Marsh said...

love-love-love this birthday card Jeanne-your background paper is perfect and the stamped confetti compliments the cake so well-creative work

Janja said...

So nice! I like the lively colors you used!

Anja Ž. said...

This card is full of positive energy. I love the colors and the layout. Great card!