Tuesday, January 30, 2018

Get To Know Jeanne Knobbe

Hello Scrapping Cottage friends! Thanks for taking the time to stop and visit with us. We started a new feature several weeks ago that we are continuing with today on the Blog.  We would like to give you a closer look at our designers.  It's  a "get to know the design team"  and today we are featuring Jeanne Knobbe.
 
I’m Jeanne Knobbe and I have been drawing, coloring and creating ever since I can remember. I grew up in Los Angeles and graduated from UCLA with a degree in fine arts. I then moved to Oklahoma where I turned to graphic design and spent over 20 years creating with a computer.
I gave that up six years ago to move back to southern California and help my husband run his business.  My days are still spent in front of a computer but now it’s accounting programs and spreadsheets not Photoshop!

Paper crafting has become my creative outlet and I particularly love cardmaking.  I would say my style is clean and simple, but I also love mixed media.  Sometimes I feel I have multiple art personalities – at times I know exactly what I’ll create and at other times another style decides to show up instead!   Art for me is a journey and I enjoy seeing where it takes me. I find I love getting my hands messy as opposed to making art on a computer - it is much more gratifying.

I live near San Diego with my husband of 33 years, our two daughters, two cats and feisty Shorkie.  I’m very appreciative that they are all understanding of the mess I can make while creating and the delayed dinners that can occur when I’m “in the creative zone.” 


When not accounting, card making or working on my blog, I love to attend concerts, play Mah-Jongg and watch hockey.
Here are a few of my favorite projects made with CottageCutz dies.



 






 



8 comments:

SugarShine Designs said...

It’s fun to learn more about you. Your work is inspiring and beautiful. Your manger scene is one of my all time favorites. -Janet

Pam MacKay said...

So nice to get to know you! I lived in Southern CA for 38 Years!! I taught in Laguna Beach! I miss the CA weather very much but not the freeways!! Your work is lovely!

Karen Giraldez said...

I love your fox with the heart. Thank you for all your inspiration.

Sherry said...

All of those, are amazing cards. When my husband and I first got married we lived in San Diego. He was in the Navy. California is beautiful but coming from someone who had only been in a handful of states on the east coast. California was to fast paced for me. I drove once while I was out there and thought I was going to have a heart attack by the time we made it home.LOL Thanks for sharing you creative gifts with the rest of us. ~ Hugs, Sherry

Lois said...

It was good to get to know you better, Jeanne. It's nice to know that we share both numbers and art. I love your manger card -- thanks for sharing it again!

Janja said...

It's nice to know a little bit more about you. Your cards are beautiful.

Anja Ž. said...

I really like you card making style. It's also nice to get to know you better. I'm also a hockey fan :)

karen said...

Welcome - it's nice to meet you. I just love that fox card in particular, but all of your cards are beautiful.

Karen