Monday, January 29, 2018

Bee Yourself

Hi, Lois here with some exciting news today.  CottageCutz has a brand-new release of two series of dies -- In Stitches and Spring Designs -- for a total of 33 new dies.  PLUS, for a limited time both sets of dies are 25% off.  I'm using two dies from the In Stitches series (Stitched Alphabet and Stitched Honey Bees) for my card today.  I so enjoyed the card I made a couple of weeks ago using the Eclipse technique, I "sort-of" used it again today.


For the card base, the following pieces of cardstock are needed:

Black heavy cardstock - 5 1/2" x 8 1/2", scored at 4 1/4"
White cardstock - 4" x 5 1/4"
Honeycomb patterned paper - 4" x 5 1/4"


Because all the letters of the Stitched Alphabet are on one die, I cut four sets of letters from yellow cardstock.  I had to cut four additional E's from scraps of cardstock.  I'll put the remaining, unused letters into a bag for future use.


I ran the letters through my Xyron sticker maker.


I then cut the images from the Stitched Honey Bees die . . . 


. . . and colored them with ink and markers, assembling the pieces to create my hive, bees, and honey pot.


After stacking the letters, I sponged them with a bit of Wild Honey ink and created the front of my card.  I did not use all the die-cut images on the front.


The remaining images I glued to the inside of the card and stamped an appropriate sentiment.


CottageCutz dies used on this card are:

http://www.scrappingcottage.com/cottagecutzstitchedalphabet.aspx


http://www.scrappingcottage.com/cottagecutzstitchedhoneybees.aspx




8 comments:

Mary Marsh said...

This is a really cute Lois - I like the theme for a card of encouragement - creative work as always

Linda S. said...

When using a die such as the alphabet die used here, would it damage the die to only place paper under the individual letter you want to cut out? Thanks for the reply.

Pam MacKay said...

I love the new stitch die and your little bee card is so adorable!

Sukie said...

Very sweet card! Those alpha dies look amazing on your card!

SugarShine Designs said...

Super cute Lois! Your card is beautiful inside and out!

Jeanne said...

Adorable card! I love the sentiment for the bee theme - it's perfect.

Janja said...

Very cute card and shading is nice.

Anja Ž. said...

Great card. I love the inside too.