Friday, July 19, 2013

CottageCutz Bella Butterfly (Profile) Altered Box

 Greetings friends and bloggers.  It's Carol here with today's creation - an Altered Laughing Cow Cheese Box.  My family eats this cheese so I have quite an assortment of boxes at my disposal!  This box when it is altered is just so beautiful.  You can't go wrong with this as a gift presentation.  Put a gift card in here and you have yourself a WOW gift.
To begin, cut two of the CottageCutz Bella Butterfly (Profile).  To get this old vintage rose color, I used a light gray cardstock and distress inked it with Victorian Velvet distress ink.  Isn't it cool!  Then paint the two butterfly pieces with glitter glue and sprinkle with plain white Martha Stewart glitter.  Let dry and put the two pieces together with pop dots.  You can shape the wings once it's dry to look like this.  The Laughing Cow Cheese box was painted with two coats of white acrylic paint.  None of the labels were removed.  The paint covers those labels nicely so you do not see them.
For the roses, I used a medium flower punch for the small roses and a "Whale of a Punch" flower for the large rose.  I punched them out on the light gray cardstock and distressed with Victorian Velvet distress ink.  They were painted with crystal effects and sprinkled with Martha Stewart Coarse Glitter.  The Bella Springtime Wreath was cut from the gray cardstock as well and distressed on the outer edges then attached to the largest Spellbinders Nested Circle die cut.  This was attached to the largest Spellbinders Nested Scallop Circle die cut and attached to the top of the box.
To decorate around the outer edge use tinsel trim which can be purchased at Michael's.  The Roses have been mounted on top of the Bella Leafy Branch.  Pearls were added to the scallops around the die cut.
Thank you for stopping by today to view my altered Laughing Cow Cheese Box.  I hope I have inspired you to save your boxes and try this for yourself.  I promise once you make one, you will want to make more.  They are so sweet and so fun to make.  Happy crafting.  Here are the CottageCutz dies used:


7 comments:

Simko said...

Just beautiful, Carol! You are so good in altering all kinds of boxes. I love this one. I love the colors and the glitter... You are always so creative, great job!
Hugs,
Simona

Frances said...

Beautiful creation Carol! Love the pink color! Hugs Frances

Mojca said...

An amazing creation! I love all that sparkle :) hugs! Mojca

Olena said...

Awesome!!!! Love the color and beautiful butterfly image. Great job! Olena

Vladuška said...

I would never guess that this is an altered Laughing Cow Cheese Box :) Great idea for makeover and your project is so rich and beautiful.

Cheryl Walker said...

Absolutely beautiful Carol! Love all the gorgeous details on this! Hugs, Cheryl

Kathy said...

What a beautiful little gift box, Carol! I love how the grey cardstock looks with the ink! Blessings! Kathy