Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Watch for it Wednesday #62

My tip for today is a quicky but it is something new I have recently started doing with my Cottage Cutz Dies.

I don't know how you store your CC dies, but I like to store mine with the cute cover that comes with them so I always have a good reference to look at when it comes to putting the shapes together. Plus, it also makes it easy to find the shape I am looking for as well as keep track of which shapes I already have.

What I have now started doing with my covers is using the backs, too! This is where I like to keep ideas, titles, sayings, etc. that I think would work well with that particular shape. I don't necessarily write down "obvious" uses, but more out-of-the-box kinds of things. Ideas I have seen or thoughts I have had about the dies that I know if I don't write down, I'll never think of it again! I am all about trying to get the most bang for my Cottage Cutz buck so I never want to forget a good idea!

One example is with my Cottage Cutz Froggy die I used a couple of weeks ago to make the Get Well Card. On the back of the cover I have written down phrases like, "it's not easy being green", "Go Green" (Earth Day), morning sickness get well card, etc. Just some fun things for which a frog would be perfect!

I challenge you to pull out some of your dies and try to brainstorm some new ways to use your shapes or just make a list of the layouts or projects for which you already know that you want to use a particular shape. This activity is also a great way to get your creative juices flowing if you are having trouble getting your crafting mojo going.

Be sure and let me know which Cottage Cutz Shape you pulled out to play with today!!

Check back tomorrow for another fun and fabulous project from Karen!

2 comments:

CreatedbyKay said...

Great tips Ruth Ellen, TFS!

Helmka Family said...

Fabulous tips!
TFS!
Karen