Tuesday, May 04, 2010

Hats off to all the Mother's

I can hardly believe it's May already and Mother's Day is this Sunday! These Garden release dies are perfect for Mother's Day cards.

I will have to admit this Butterfly edger wasn't my first pick, but I really like how it turned out on this card. Butterflies are so popular in paper crafting right now and I love how it went with my Butterfly paper. I decided it's a keeper! I simply inked the edges with a darker shade of pink ink before adhering to my card.
For my hat I cut out the straw looking one from the Hats Die and applied some flowers on it from the Easter Egg stand die and then used the flower and leaf piece for my corner.


Here's a tip for seeing what edgers you have at a glance. I simply cut the bottom off my packaging and lined them all up and punched a hole at the top with my Big Bite and put them through a ring.
If you have a fun tip you would like to share using CottageCutz dies we'd love to hear from you in the comments section. We might even feature it on the blog!

4 comments:

Donutfryer said...

Love the card! I didn't think I would like the hat die but checking out your card it's wonderful! Love the idea about keeping the edgers together!

Ruth Ellen said...

Great use for the Cottage Cutz hats die!!! I love it!! And the Butterfly edger looks fabulous!

Helmka Family said...

Beautiful!!! You make the best cards, Kay. Thanks for all your tips and ideas.
Karen

DonnaMundinger said...

Sooo pretty! Makes me want to go sit in my garden. xxD