Friday, May 07, 2010

My Professional Flower Girls :)

My dh and I are both the oldest in our families and were the first ones to get married. By the time the younger siblings started getting married, we had already had my oldest dd. She was a flower girl in her first wedding when she was not quite 2 years old and is about to be in her 5th wedding in June. The June wedding will be my younger daughter's 2nd.

These photos were taken during the rehearsal for my brother's wedding. I loved these pale yellow dresses so I wanted to be sure to emphasize that by using the solid buttercream colored cardstock as my base. But I also wanted the pictures to pop a little bit so I added the patterned paper beneath the photos.

And did you notice the floral borders on either side of the blue patterned paper??! Yep - those are the 12" Daisy borders I created during my Watch for it Wednesday post this week. I also cut out some of the borders in yellow so I could use the centers in my coral flowers. If you missed this technique, be sure to go back to this week's Wednesday post and check it out!!

Thanks for stopping by today and I hope everyone has a great Mother's Day Weekend!!

3 comments:

CreatedbyKay said...

The flower borders are great on this LO Ruth Ellen! Very cute!

Helmka Family said...

So pretty! They look so cute. The Edger is the perfect accent for your page.
TFS!
Karen

DonnaMundinger said...

Oh are they EVER SWEET! Love the use of the border on this. xxD