Saturday, May 08, 2010

Mom Loves Yellow Roses



In celebration of all Moms I created this card with Cottage Cutz 2x2 Flower Die. I also used the stem off the Half Daisy Die to add a vine. In the closeup shot, To add a bit of contrast to the edge of the card I used the scraps from the die cut as a stencil and inked a random floral border. It creates a wispy pattern. I used the piercing tool to put holes, and sewed beads on part of the frame for texture, after the beads were added I ran thread back through the beads to create a loopy thread vine that mirrors the lace of the white frame.

6 comments:

Dragonlady said...

This card is soooo beautiful, love the colours.

Hugs ali x

Ruth Ellen said...

Lots of fun techniques on this card!! Very pretty!!

Vicki said...

Beautiful card. Happy Mother's Day to all the Moms out there.

DonnaMundinger said...

Happy Mother's Day to all! this is gorgeous! What a great idea to use the negative as a stencil! So so pretty! Is the frame a punch? xxD

CreatedbyKay said...

Love the roses!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful! Love the threaded beads! I have this flower die but haven't used it yet. Thanks for the inspiration!