Saturday, September 24, 2022

New Halloween Release Sample

Hello CottageCutz friends! Thanks for taking the time to stop and visit with us today. It's Mary Marsh here bringing you the Saturday edition of the Blog.

It's new release time!!! We have new dies in the online store. It's our Halloween release with 22 new designs. They are currently on sale with a 50% discount on the entire bundle or 30% off individual dies. The sale is just for a limited time so hurry over to the online store to make your selections. 

For my card sample today, I am featuring the new Witch Hat, Witch Legs and the Trick or Treat Phrase dies. So, lets get started with some details of how I created my card. 

Design Steps:

For my card I used the colors from the Splitcoaststampers color challenge #914. We were to use granny apple green, melon mambo and highland heather. I thought they were bright and fun colors and would work well for my card design. I used a deeper shade of purple for my card. 
granny apple green, melon mambo, highland heather
I cut the images from cardstock in the challenge colors. 
For my card sentiment, I decided to use the Trick or Treat Phrase die. I cut it from the grape shade of cardstock I am using. 
I kept my card base as white cardstock and the designer paper is granny apple green. It's also in an unusual size. At least a size that I have never used before. I also used a border punch on the designer paper just for added interest. 
White card base: 4 1/2" x 6 1/2"
Designer paper layer: 4 1/2" x 5 1/4"
Now that my card elements are prepared, I am ready to start card assembly. I attached the hats first with double sided tape to the designer paper. 
Next, I added my trick or treat phrase with clear drying glue. 
Now I am ready for the witch legs. I attached those to the card base before I attached the designer paper. 
To finish off my card, I attached the image panel to the card base with double sided tape. I decided to add a few spiders from the Spooky Truck die just for added interest. I used the stars from the Trick or Treat Phrase die. 
That's it for me for this week. I will see you next Saturday. 

Reminder: Our YouTube Channel has a new video from Linh Van. There is a giveaway for being a subscriber, liking the video and leaving a comment. Click here.

Dies I used to create card:







3 comments:

Pam MacKay said...

Super cute love the little spiders hanging down!

Kristine said...

Eeek!! Such a cute card Mary 🥰

Melinda Beltran said...

What a super fun card! I love your interpretation of the color challenge! What an exceptionally fun card!