Friday, September 30, 2022

Hangin' with my Gnomies

Hello CottageCutz friends! Thanks for taking the time to stop and visit with us today. It's Mary Marsh here bringing you the Saturday edition of the Blog.

It's new release time!!! We have new dies in the online store. It's our Halloween release with 22 new designs. So many whimsical designs that are perfect for your Halloween card-making.  They are currently on sale with 30% off individual dies. The sale is just for a limited time so hurry over to the online store to make your selections.

For my card sample today, I am featuring the new Spooky Tree Gnome die. So let's get started with some details of how I created my card. 

Design Steps:

I started my card this week with the colors from the Splitcoaststampers color challenge #915. We were to use soft suede, pale papaya and pear pizzazz. Optional was to add any darker or lighter shades of the challenge colors. 
I wanted to see if I could use one of the new dies to create a Halloween card. I took the option and used darker shades of all the colors. 
soft suede, pale papaya, pear pizzazz
I also found this sketch online and thought it would work well for my card. Sketches always help to give my creativity a jump start.
I selected a designer paper from my collection for the card background. I liked the leaf design on the paper and thought it complemented the sleeping gnome. For the image panel I used the largest die (3 1/4" x 4 1/4") from the Double Stitched Rectangle set. 
I cut the images from the Spooky Tree Gnome die in cardstock using darker shades of the color challenge. For the pale papaya, I used pumpkin pie, for the pear pizzazz I used old olive and mossy meadow and for soft suede I used choc chip and a metallic brown cardstock (cat's bowtie).
Next, I stenciled a few stars with pumpkin carved ink and stamped my sentiment in choc chip ink. When I started card assembly I realized, I stamped the sentiment too low on the panel, so I redid it. But I forgot to take another photo. You can see the re-do in the photo below.
Now that all my elements are prepared I am ready to start card assembly. I attached the spooky tree gnome with clear drying glue. 
Attached the designer paper to the card base with double sided tape. 
To finish off my card I attached the image panel to the card base with dimensional adhesive. Scatter a few pale papaya gems for added interest. 
That's my sample for this week. I hope I have given you an idea for a way to use this new Spooky Tree Gnome

Make sure you stop by the Blog on Sunday. We are having a group post with samples featuring the Halloween dies. 

Reminder: Our YouTube Channel has a new video featuring a shaker card from Marla Harris. There is a giveaway for being a subscriber, liking the video and leaving a comment. Click here.

Dies I used to create card:




  

3 comments:

Pam MacKay said...

Super cute little gnome!

Kristine said...

Really cute card! I love the size of these dies - perfect on this size card!! Great job with the 2 challenges as well ♥

Melinda Beltran said...

What a sweet card! I love that little Gnome! A perfect fall day!