Monday, September 12, 2022

Wintery Village Book Fold Card


Happy Monday crafters!  Kris here with a special card I made for my mom this Christmas.  The newest CHRISTMAS RELEASE has me in full on Christmas card mode! I am not one to pick just one design and mass produce my Christmas cards each year.  Instead, I like to make each one unique ... although I admit, it does make picking whom gets which card a li'l difficult!  LOL!  But I always have made a "special" card for my mom - something that took a li'l extra love and THIS is that card!   

This is a version of the Pop Up Book Fold card, with the addition of a window scene and I'm going to show you how I did it with the photo tutorial below.  You can always click on the picture to see a larger version.  For those who prefer a video tutorial instead, check out this one by Ann Melvin.



Products I Used:

Additional:
Gold foiled snowflake design paper, 12"
Light Pink cardstock, 12" (Bazzil)
Gold foiled cardstock (Recollections)
Pink glittered cardstock (Park Lane)
White glittered cardstock (Park Lane)
Snow-Tex

Design Steps:

 Pink Cardstock:  CUT at 6" x 12" and SCORE in middle at 6".

White/gold snowflake paper:  CUT at 11-3/4" x 5-5/8" and SCORE in middle at 5-7/8".

 I then measured in 3/4" on all 4 sides and placed a pencil mark, then I lightly drew lines between each intersecting point to make a large rectangle.

 I then CUT on the longest lines and SCORED on the shortest lines.

On the short ends, I measured in 1" from the score line and SCORED between the cut lines.

Next, I measured along the longest edge and placed marks at 3-1/4" at top and at bottom.  Then I turned my paper 180 degrees and did the same at the other end.  Then I scored from the edge just down to the cut line on all 4 marks.  

Now it's time to fold and burnish!  Use the photo below for reference.  
Top & Bottom:  Outer score lines are valley folds, middle is a mountain fold.
Middle:  Outer score lines are valley folds, next one in is a mountain fold, and the middle is a valley fold.  
 

I then used the 2nd largest of the Pierced Circle Set and cut a circle from the middle of each "book" panel as shown.


From gold foil cardstock, I die cut 2 of the largest die from the Pierced Wide Circle Frame Set and added glue to the outer edge of the backside of gold circles and attached as shown.  Set aside.


I cut 2 pieces of pink glittered cardstock at 4" x 5" and attached about 1/16" on each side of the score line, and so that there's equal amount on top and bottom as shown.


I then cut 2 of the Wintery Village die.  Then I cut small pieces of gold and glued behind the building and lanterns.


I cut 4 hills for my scenes.  Two of them are a li'l shorter and narrower than the back two, which are cut to 5" wide.


THE FUN PART (and slightly messy! Lol)

I added Snow-Tex to the roofs and trees of my villages.


I then built my scenes by gluing the larger hills to the pink c.s. and I added foam tape behind the front hills.  I also added foam dots behind the li'l buildings in front


I cut 2 more short hills from the white glittered cardstock and attached behind my circle window panels.

Next, I folded my inner (white snowflake) piece and lined it up with the left side of cardstock so it doesn't stick out of the card.  Then I put double sided tape JUST on the short edge and the 2 adjoining sections up to the first score line as shown.  Then folded the right side of card over onto it.


I die cut 2 of the Silent Night Forest die and from one of them, I cut the li'l deer out and attached just behind the front hill.


Next, I created a belly band to help hold my card together as it's pretty thick!  This is completely optional, especially if you're putting in an envelope.  

BELLY BAND:

I cut a gold frame using the largest from the Nested Scalloped Rectangles then, I cut a window from the middle of it using my paper trimmer.  I added 1/8" foam strips all along the backside to pop it up.

I wanted my scene on a li'l bit larger piece of cardstock than the inside of my frame, so I cut a piece on my trimmer and attached the Silent Night Forest (I did trim some off the left side so it would fit)


I attached the frame to top.


I CUT a strip of gold cardstock at 2-1/2" x 11"
I CUT a strip of white snowflake patterned paper to 2-1/4" x 10-1/2"
I attached the patterned paper on top of the gold and wrapped it around my closed card (not too tight!)

I then added tape to each end of the band and placed my Silent Night Forest piece on top.


Here are the Products I Used:









THANK YOU for taking time to visit today!  
I hope I inspired you to get crafty with your favorite CotageCutz dies!  

~Kristine

4 comments:

Mary Marsh said...

Wow Kristine- this is so beautiful- your Mom will love it- and you supplied a great tutorial- your work is always amazing

Pam MacKay said...

Love this card the color combo and design is beautiful!

Lena said...

Oh wow! This is gorgeous! Thank you for your tutorial. I would like to try my hand at making one :-)

Melinda Beltran said...

What a pretty card! I love all the details and the how to!