Saturday, September 03, 2022

Ho Ho Hoooot Holiday!

Hello CottageCutz friends! Thanks for taking the time to stop and visit with us today. It's Mary Marsh here bringing you the Saturday edition of the Blog.

It's new release time!!! We have new dies in the online store. It's time for our Christmas release and we have 21 new designs for Christmas Part 1. You can pick up the entire bundle at a 50% off retail. It's just for a limited time so don't delay. You can also get the individual dies for 30% off retail.

There is a great selection of religious, whimsical and some super cute birds and animals. All of your Christmas card making ideas are covered in this release. Today for your viewing pleasure, I am using the new Christmas Owls die. I have a friend who loves owls so this one will go to her for Christmas. So, let's get started on some details of how I created this card. 

Design Steps:
Since I knew the die I was going to use, I looked for a Christmas themed designer paper in my collection. I found one with snowflakes and gold accents. I thought it would work perfectly. 

Green Card Base: 4 1/4" x 5 1/2" 
Designer Paper Layer: 5 1/4" x 5 3/8"
White Image Panel: 2nd largest Stitched Rectangle (2 7/8" x 3 7/8") die 
Next, I cut the owl images in different shades of cardstock. The Merry Christmas phrase is from a 2018 Christmas release - Merry Christmas w/Deer Family. It's part of the Labor Day sale and is 50% off
For added interest on the image panel I used a swirling snow embossing folder. The sentiment is stamped in red ink.  
Now that my card elements are prepared, I am ready to start card assembly. I attached the designer paper and the image to the card base with double sided tape.
Next, I attached the owl images with clear drying glue. 
To finish off my card, I added the Merry Christmas phrase.  And I have a Christmas card finished with the new dies of the season. That's it for me for this week.
We are having a huge Labor Day sale with savings of up to 65%. It runs through Thursday, September 8. Shop early for some great buys on dies that may be on your wish list. 

Reminder: Our YouTube Channel has a new video from Jen Hartsgrove. There is a giveaway for being a subscriber, liking the video and leaving a comment. Click here.





3 comments:

Birgit said...

What a cute owl couple! This card is adorable!

Kristine said...

A perfect combination of CUTE and ELEGANT! Love that embossing on the white and the Banner up top is perfect with this adorable owl duo! ☺

Melinda Beltran said...

What a cute card! Love all the details!