Sunday, September 18, 2022

Easy Christmas Easel Card

Happy SunDIE Cottage Cutz Friends!
Melinda here with you on this Sweet Sunday. Today I am sharing a fun and very easy easel card I created featuring dies that are part of the new Christmas Part 1 Release.

Here's a look at my completed card. 
It is a horizontal top folded A4 card base. I made it into a quick and easy easel card. This is a view of the card when open.

Here is a view of the card when closed.


I started by making a rosette. I cut two pieces of 1.5" x 12" of patterned paper. I then scored them length wise in .5" increments. 
I then fan folded them and then joined them together. I then glued the two ends together to make it circular. I then finished creating the rosette.


I then attached the rosette to the second largest scalloped circle die in white cardstock.

I then added a patterned paper mat onto a piece of 4.25 x 5.5 inch white cardstock base.

I then added the cute christmas tree die onto the top of the rosette. I added some cute dew drops to the tree. I used a piece of patterned paper and some ribbon to create a border along the bottom of the card face. Once it was done, I added it to the base of the card. I did this by adhering the top mat to the bottom half of the top base only. Do not glue the mat to the top half or anywhere above the fold.

I then cut a piece of patterned paper and mounted to some white cardstock. I used some foam tape to give it some lift. I then used the Merry and Christmas from the tree die. This serves as a stopper for when the card is opened. 

Here is one last look at the card. I think it turned out so pretty. 


Don't forget to head over to the CottageCutz YouTube channel and check out all of the amazing projects on there. Our video team is doing a wonderful job of filling the channel with all sorts of creative content! You don't want to miss it!

Dies I Used


Nested Scallop Die set


Pierced Circle Set



Here's a look at the entire release. Be sure to head over and grab them while they last!


Well that about covers it for today! Until the next time, have a wonderfully craft-die day!
Melinda Beltran

2 comments:

Pam MacKay said...

Super cute easel card love the use of the rosette!

Kristine said...

This is so pretty! Love the gingham and Polka-dots!