Friday, September 09, 2022

Merry Christmas Tree

Hello CottageCutz friends! Thanks for taking the time to stop and visit with us today. It's Mary Marsh here bringing you the Friday edition of the Blog.

It's new release time!!! We have new dies in the online store. It's time for our Christmas release and we have 21 new designs for Christmas Part 1. They are currently on sale for 30% off retail.

There is a great selection of religious, whimsical and some super cute birds and animals. All of your Christmas card making ideas are covered in this release. Today for your viewing pleasure, I am using the new Merry Christmas Tree die. So let's get started with the details of how I created this card. 

Design Steps:

Since I knew what die I wanted to use this week, I just needed a layout to show it off well. I checked out some sketches online and then found this one from Splitcoaststampers SC922.  I thought it would work perfectly and allow me to use designer paper to take the card up a notch. 
Now that I had my layout, I looked for a designer paper. I found a pattern that's from a 2018 collection that I liked. It has copper accents, so I used a brushed copper cardstock as an accent layer.  I attached it then remembered I forgot to take a photo (LOL). The card base is a rich wine shade- it's named merlot.  

Merlot Card Base: 4 1/2" x 5 3/4"
Brushed Copper Layer: 4 1/4" x 5 1/2"
Designer Paper: 4 1/8" x 5 3/8"
I cut the tree image in a blue-green cardstock paper and the Merry Christmas phrase in a rich wine shade both coordinate with the designer paper. Used the largest (3 1/4" x 4 1/4") Stitched Rectangle die cut in a sand cardstock as the frame for the tree image. 
Now for the element of the sketch with the horizontal lines, I decided not to cut the designer paper into strips. Instead, I cut 1/4" strips of the copper brushed cardstock and used those to divide the designer paper. Sketches are open to your interpretation, as long as you keep the layout looking similar.  
Next, I attached the tree to the rectangle image panel with dimensional adhesive. Then the rectangle panel to the designer paper layer also using dimensional adhesive. This adhesive was just a bit thinner to give a slight lift from the designer paper.  I also cut new stars for the tree image in copper brushed cardstock. The photo above shows them in gold. Added a few enamel dots to the image panel just for interest. 

To complete my card, I attached the panels to the card base with double sided adhesive. That's it for me for this post. I hope I have given you an idea for a way to use this new die. See you next week. 
Reminder: Our YouTube Channel has a new video from Linh Van. There is a giveaway for being a subscriber, liking the video and leaving a comment. Click here.

Die I used to create card:





3 comments:

Pam MacKay said...

Very pretty love the added shine with the gold!

Levelup Lakeworth said...

family addiction quotes: Be clear and upfront. The best way to speak to others in general is to be straightforward and honest. The same holds true when you're talking to someone with an addiction. Be clear in what you want to communicate to them, and don't hesitate to bring up your own feelings about the situation—in a calm way.

Melinda Beltran said...

What a very nice and classic card! I love the way you used the gold. Classy, and understated!