Friday, January 04, 2019

Woofing you a Happy Birthday

Happy Friday!  It's Jeanne posting today with a fun birthday card using a die from the Pets release.  This release is one of my favorites - probably because I'm a pet lover but also because all the dies are so cute!
This card is fast to make and can easily be adapted to fit the recipient.  I wrote FIDO on the dog house sign but you could print the name of the recipient's pet.  I also decided to keep the card relatively clean and simple so I resisted the urge to add shading with a sponge and some ink.  I think it would also look lovely shaded.
To start I cut all pieces from various colors of cardstock.  I chose the Bermuda Bay as my accent color because I decided to use a Bermuda Bay ribbon.  The rest are neutrals.
I cut an A2 top fold card base from Bermuda Bay and two panels - one 5 3/8 x 4 1/8 from white cardstock and one 5 1/4 x 4 from  patterned paper.  I used the second largest Wacky Stitched Rectangle to cut another white panel.  I stamped my sentiment on this panel.
I cut the ribbon to 30 inches - a bit too long, I could have used 20-24 inches but I sometimes have trouble with bows so I always err on the side of too much ribbon!  I glued my patterned paper to the white panel, wrapped the ribbon around it about one inch up from the bottom and tied the bow.  I placed the stitched panel on top to see how it looked.
The ribbon was a little high, but since it wasn't glued down I could nudge it down to about 3/4 inch from the bottom.  Then I used foam tape to adhere the stitched panel at an angle.
Finally I added all the other pieces, popping the puppy off the card using foam dots.

I hope you enjoyed my card today.   Don't forget, there is an after Christmas sale at the Scrapping Cottage but it ends tonight so be sure to visit the website today!
http://www.scrappingcottage.com/cottagecutzdoghousewpupandhydrant.aspx

http://www.scrappingcottage.com/cottagecutznestedwackystitchedrectangleset.aspx

Thanks for stopping by.  I hope you have a fun and creative weekend!




4 comments:

Mary Marsh said...

This is such a cute card - love the sweet little puppy- this would make for a great kid’s Birthday card

Janja said...

Oh, how cute!

Sukie said...

Very cute card! Those colors look great together and I really like the dimension of the puppy with the pop dots!

Pam MacKay said...

Love the pup and his little home so cute!