Saturday, January 12, 2019

Love Cupcake (new die)

Hello Scrapping Cottage friends! Thanks for taking the time to stop and visit with us today. It's Mary Marsh here bringing you the Saturday edition of the Blog. Not sure what's happening where you are but it's cold and snowy here in Pittsburgh. One of those perfect days to enjoy some hot chocolate and do some crafting. 

We have a new release of Valentine & St Patrick Day dies in the online store. Each one is cuter than the next and they are on sale for a limited time at 25% off. There will be a group post next week and the team will showcase all of the Valentine dies. Today, I have for your viewing pleasure a Valentine card using the Love Cupcake die.

So let's get started with some details and a tutorial on how I created my card.

Step 1: I wanted to stick with the traditional Valentine colors of red & pink with black accents for my card. I chose some heart themed designer paper for my background layer.
Black card base: 5 1/2" x 4 1/4"
Red Layering Panel: 5 3/8" x 4 1/8"
Designer Paper: 5 1/8" x 3 7/8"

Image Panel: 3rd largest stitched square die
Black Layering Panel: 2nd largest square set die

I cut the cupcake from red and pink cardstocks. Love all the detail on the cupcake base as well as the icing. I adhered this with Ranger multi medium matte.
Step 2: Now that all the panels and image are cut, I am ready to start card assembly. I stamped the sentiment in black ink on the image panel before I attached my cupcake. Used my MISTI for placement.
Secured the cupcake to the image panel with double sided tape. I attached the love word after the cupcake was down because I didn't want it to cover the sentiment. I cut a few extra red hearts and added them to the panel just to balance out the layout. 
I attached the designer paper panel to the red base. I wanted something else so I decided to use some black velvet ribbon. I thought it balanced off that side of the card. 
I decided to angle the image panel for added interest. It's attached with double sided tape. 
Completed my card by attaching the black card base. And that completes my card and post for this week. I hope I have given you an idea for a way to use this new die. See you next Saturday!

dies I used to create card:
http://www.scrappingcottage.com/cottagecutzlovecupcake.aspx
http://www.scrappingcottage.com/cottagecutzstitchedsquaresetbasics.aspx
http://www.scrappingcottage.com/cottagecutzsquaresetbasics.aspx


3 comments:

Pam MacKay said...

Super cute love the new cupcake die! Looks great with your DP and turned at an angle!

Sukie said...

Super cute card! I love the yummy cupcake! This new release is absolutely adorable and I'm looking forward to the design team's creations!

Jeanne said...

Fun card Mary! Great use of colors and DSP.