Sunday, January 27, 2019

Balloon Heart

Hi!

It's Anja here. My package of new dies arrived this week and I couldn't wait to try it out. First I made a Valentine's card with this cute hedgehogs.


For this project I used:
- Cottage Cutz (Be My Valentine Puppies, Hedgehogs In Love, Love You Mom Phrase),
- Distress Inks (Fired Brick, Peeled Paint, Vintage Photo, Pumice Stone) and Oxides (Broken China, Aged Mahogany, Fired Brick, Abandoned Coral, Candied Apple),
- grey, brown and green card stock,
- white card base (15x10,5 cm),
- water color paper for background (14,5x10 cm),
- red cotton string,
- cloud plastic stencil,
- baby wipes,
- heat gun,
- adhesive foam pads,
- water spritzer,
- paper glue.

First I cut the heart and colored it with Distress Oxides. I used lighter shades in the inside and darker shades on the edges.


Then I sprinkled it with drops of water. I dried it withe the heat gun.


Then I cut and colored the background.


I used plastic stencil and wiped the clouds with a baby wipe. I dried it withe the heat gun.


I cut parts for the hedgehogs from the colored paper. I used Distress Inks to color the edges and add some dimension.


Then I cut the sentiment and a little heart. I used grey card stock for the sentiment.


I cut a piece of green card stock for grass. I tore one side of it. I used Distress Ink around the edges.


When I had everything cut and colored I started gluing the bits on the card base. I used adhesive foam pads for the hedgehogs ...


and the heart. I used double here. In between bottom two I put the string.


And then I glued everything together and here is m finished card.



This is all from me for today. You can get the dies from the Valentine's release in the store for a 25 % discount.

Have a great Sunday and see you again next week.

Anja Z.


Cottage Cut dies I used:








6 comments:

Jeanne said...

Darling card Anja! Love those hedgehogs.

Janja said...

Anja, this card is so cute!

Sukie said...

Adorable card! I love the heart balloon with the sweet sentiment!

Mary Marsh said...

these little hedgies are so cute and what a great Valentine card- I like the background and how you created the clouds

Pam MacKay said...

Love the splattered background and heart. So perfect for your hedgehogs! Darling card!

Beckie Williams said...

This is so cute!!