Wednesday, January 09, 2019

I Wheelie Love You Card

Hello!  This is Sukie and I'm sharing a project for my guest designer post. Today, I'm getting a jump start on a Valentine's Day card created with the Happy Hamster and Stitched Rounded Rectangle die sets.
I kept this card fairly simple since I wanted the hamster and the fun sentiment to be the focal point of my card.  Once I inked the die cuts on the edges, it all came together very quickly.
I found the perfect paper in my stash for the Valentine's theme.  I heat embossed a sentiment from the Scrappy Moms (retired) "Crazy for You" stamp set and hand cut the edges into a banner shape.  An extra banner was cut to layer underneath the sentiment.
I colored in the eyes with a black gel pen and added a tiny white dot to each of the eyes with a white gel pen.  A bit of chalk was brushed on to the cheeks which is a bit hard to see in the pictures.
The sentiment was adhered onto the die cut rectangle and anchored with the sweet hamster wheel. A couple of enamel shaped hearts were placed on the hand cut banner.
Here are the dies I used to create my card, available in the shop:

4 comments:

Pam MacKay said...

Love that sweet little hamster! Cute Valentine!

Janja said...

This is just so cute, Sukie!

Mary Marsh said...

this is really a cute card- love the happy little hamster- and the sentiment is so perfect

Jeanne said...

Adorable card! Great Valentine's card.