Saturday, January 05, 2019

Birthday Sweater

Hello Scrapping Cottage friends! Thanks for taking the time to stop and visit with us today. It's Mary Marsh here bringing you the Saturday edition of the Blog. Happy New Year and welcome to my first Saturday blog post of 2019.

I am in need of some masculine birthday cards this month so that's my theme for this post. Since it's January and sweater weather I thought I would use the Ugly but Cute die for my card. It's part of our Christmas 3 collection but my card shows you a way to use it for other occasions. Helps you get more mileage out of your dies.

Let's get started with some details on how I created my card.
Step 1: The sketch #720 from Splitcoaststampers was a perfect layout for a masculine card. It's simple and I think that always makes for a great  male themed card.
I chose this designer paper from my stash. It has a variety of colors that will help me build my card. For the angled panel, I cut a piece of turquoise cardstock 4" x 5 1/8" and cut it at an angle. I did the same with my designer paper.
I wanted some texture on the turquoise panel so I embossed with an argyle embossing folder. 
I cut my sweater from cardstock to match the colors on the designer paper. Used a purple (rich razzleberry) and pumpkin cardstocks.
Step 2: Now that the card elements are cut, I can start my card assembly. I attached the angled panels to the white card base with double sided tape. 
I wanted a cover up where the 2 panels meet. I thought of ribbon or twine but eventually decided on just a strip of rich razzleberry cardstock. It's 1/2" wide and 4 1/4" long. It kept the masculine appeal of my layout.
White card Base: 4 1/4" x 5 1/2"

The sweater was attached with dimensional adhesive. I always like the look of the image being lifted just slightly off the image panel. 
Step 3:  To complete my card and add a sentiment, I used the Celebrate Phrase and cut in turquoise cardstock.
Well, that's it for me for this week. I hope I have given you an idea for another way to use this sweater die. See you next Saturday.

dies I used to create card: 
http://www.scrappingcottage.com/cottagecutzuglybutcutesweater.aspx

http://www.scrappingcottage.com/cottagecutzexpressionspluscelebratephrase.aspx




3 comments:

Pam MacKay said...

Love the sweater in masculine colors perfect for a guys birthday!

Janja said...

A nice card.

Sukie said...

What a fun card idea! I really like the embossed background which gives it that masculine feel! Thanks for the inspiration, I always have a difficult time with masculine projects!