Saturday, January 26, 2019

We Go Together


Hello Scrapping Cottage friends! Thanks for taking the time to stop and visit with us today. It's Mary Marsh here bringing you the Saturday edition of the Blog. We have a new release of Valentine & St Patrick Day dies in the online store. Each one is cuter than the next and they are on sale for a limited time at 25% off.

Today for your viewing pleasure I have a Valentine card using the Love Latte & Donut + the Valentine Phrase & More dies. So let's get started with some details and a tutorial on how I created my card.

Step 1: I started my card with the idea of using the weekly sketch #733 from Splitcoaststampers. I liked the layout and thought it would work well for the dies I had in mind.
I wanted to stick with the traditional Valentine colors of red and white with some black, pink & blue accent colors for the images. I found several patterned papers that I liked but eventually settled on this one. It is part of a Valentine collection of papers. I thought I should stick with paper that is a bit more playful because of the images and sentiment I am using.
Started cutting the card images using a medium brown and pink for the donut, a darker brown for coffee in cup and a caribbean blue for the coffee cup.
I cut the images to go across the top panel (element 6 of the sketch). I cut these in black and red cardstock. Wanted a contrast across the top. I only cut 4 because I thought the "xoxo" image would count as 2. The sketch has 5 images across.
I used the 2nd largest Stitched Circle dies to cut my circle for element 4 of the sketch.That size was large enough for my coffee cup image and also my sentiment. Before I stamped the sentiment I placed my coffee cup at the bottom left and then used the Stamp-a-ma-jig for the placement of my image.
Step 2: Now that all the card elements are cut, I am ready to start card assembly. I attached the designer paper to the red layer with double sided tape. My top rectangle panel is embossed with a heart embossing folder. This panel is 1" x 5 3/8".

I attached my sentiment circle with double sided tape. I cut the top portion of it off and slid the circle under the red embossed layer. 
To secure the images across the embossed panel, I used glue dots and Ranger multi medium matte. 
Attached the coffee cup and donut to the image panel. 

And then, to finish off my card I attached to the white card base and scattered a few hearts to the image panel. 
Well that's it for me for this week. I hope I have given you another idea for using these 2 sweet Valentine dies. See you next Saturday.

Dies I used to create card:





4 comments:

Sukie said...

Adorable card Mary! I like how you added the banner of hearts along the top of your card, it's a wonderful take on the sketch! The sentiment works perfectly too!

Pam MacKay said...

Love the colors you selected so pretty and your design is perfect for the sketch!

Janja said...

Beautiful and sweet card!

Jeanne said...

So cute Mary! I’m a sucker for coffee cards - I love this! Those sketchy x’s, o’s and heart are perfect!