Thursday, January 31, 2019

Ladybug Love!

Good Morning Scrapping Cottage Friends!

It is Pam on the blog this morning.  I am continuing to make my Valentine Cards and having so much fun with the new Valentine and St. Patrick's Day release dies.  They are still on sale for 25% off so don't miss your opportunity to check out this cuter then cute release!   Today I am using the Lovebug Bee & Ladybug die with the traditional Valentine's colors.


Design Steps:
 1.  I used the Ladybug die and cut it out three times in red, black and pink
 2.  I did a little shading on the red and pink then assembled the Ladybug.  I also made the other bug a little Manbug using the black shell and red under layer plus I used the bow for a bow tie!  You can see it below
 3.  Use an A2 white card base, cut a piece of red slightly smaller then the base and then a piece of black polka dot DP slightly smaller then the red.  Also cut a 1 1/4 x 4 inch red polka dot band.  Then using the Fancy Floral Lace Border cut out to lacy strips and then cut them down to 4 inches long
 4.  Glue the Lace border to the top and bottom of the red polka dot strip
 5.  Using the Pierced Rectangle die third from the largest cut out a white rectangle
6.  Wrap your ribbon around the rectangle and tie a square knot.  Pop up you two bugs just about the ribbon.  Stamp your sentiment just below the ribbon

7.  Pop the rectangle panel to the center of the card and add some small red hearts

CottageCutz Products



Please stop by and visit us in the store we have some wonderful items on Sale!
Blessings
Pam

2 comments:

Mary Marsh said...

this is so cute Pam- love the you and me sentiment- its perfect for the his & her bugs

Sukie said...

Very sweet card! The ladybugs are my favorite and I love that fun border you used on your card too!