Friday, January 25, 2019

Sending Hugs!

Happy Friday!  It's Jeanne posting today and I have a card that can be either a thinking of you card, or if you change the colors, a Valentine's Day card.
This card uses the new Puppy Love Letter die along with the Hugs Phrase and Kitty Love Mail Dies.

To start I cut all the pieces from white card stock.
This card has a lot of pieces and one of the things I do when working with many pieces is divide them into specific items - the dog, the mailbox, etc. - and put like pieces in small plastic containers.  (In the past, I have also used a muffin tin for this.)
I took the pieces for my dog and cat, colored them with Copic markers and glued them together.
Then I colored the rest of the pieces and assembled them.
For my card base I used a piece of 4 1/8" x 5 3/8" designer paper and glued that to an A2 Highland Heather card base.  I wanted to have a spring-like look so I decided to use a yellow background.  The first image a put down was the kitty and mailbox.

I then adhered the word "Hugs" and used foam dots to pop up the puppy and letter.  I'm very pleased with this card - it would be perfect for a friend who needs a pick-me-up or as a Valentine's Day card!

Dies:
http://www.scrappingcottage.com/cottagecutzpuppyloveletter.aspx

http://www.scrappingcottage.com/cottagecutzkittylovemail4x4.aspx
http://www.scrappingcottage.com/cottagecutzexpressionsplushugsphrase.aspx

Thanks for visiting today!  Don't forget to stop by the online store where the new Valentine's and St. Patrick's Day dies are on sale for a limited time!


4 comments:

Pam MacKay said...

So adorable love the combination of dies they looks so cute together!

Mary Marsh said...

this is cute as cute can be-a creative idea- love this card- such a great way to let someone know you are thinking of them and sending hugs their way

Sukie said...

Very cute! All of the dies work together so perfectly! I especially love that sentiment!

Janja said...

Really cute!