Tuesday, March 08, 2016

Sweet tooth bear

Hi, Janja here!
Creating children's cards for me, as grandmother of three little boys, is the greatest joy. Today I am sharing with you a fun birthday card.


For the card base I chose a brown cardstock. The folded card measures: 5.3" x 5.3" (13.5 x 13.5 cm). With a paper cutter, I cut 2 squares, both a little smaller than the size of the card. One from the patterned paper and another from the same cardstock as the base card. 


To make the framed bases, I used the 2 largest dies (from the basic set: stitched square and square) and cut out the openings for the image and that creates a frame. 
For patterned paper I used a die stitching square in the size 3.5" x 3.5" (8.9 x 8.9 cm) and for the brown cardstock, square die in the size 3.3" x 3.3" (8.4 x 8.4 cm). I glued frames to each other so that the edges are aligned.
To begin assembling the card I first applied a script patterned paper centered on my base card front. I applied adhesive foam pads to the back of my double frame and centered it over my patterned paper.


The whole basis of my card is created using dies from the CottageCutz birthday release: stitched cupcake and balloons, which I combined from a previous Christmas release: peeking Santa bear.
Just look at how cute he is, curiously peeking over the cupcakes!


All the cutouts are made with colored cardstock that have the edges shadowed with Distress Inks (Mustard Seed , Wild Honey, Moved Lawn and Vintage Photo).


When card was finished, I applied glitter on the cupcakes and the balloons. I also added white gel pen lines on the balloons for reflections.


I hope you give this adorable card a try and make one for the child in your life!

List of dies used:





Have a nice day!
Janja

4 comments:

Vladuška said...

This is soooo cute, Janja. I love your bear hiding behind the cupcakes.

Karen in PA said...

Really sweet card - I love how you used a Christmas die to make it into a birthday theme. This really helps us to see how versatile the dies are!
Karen

Mary Marsh said...

This is super cute Janja- love this bear die- and cupcakes for a child's card are perfect- awesome work

lifesabeach32940 said...

I ABSOLUTELY LOVE this card!! I especially appreciate that you are providing directions with your projects!! THIS IS AWESOME!!