Tuesday, March 22, 2016

Easter candy basket

Hi, Janja here!
Countdown to Easter. With home-made candy basket in the shape of a heart, we can decorate Easter table and make children happy with chocolate eggs.


For the basket, I prepared a template in the form of a heart. I cut it out 4 times (2x from cardstock and 2x from patterned paper). All parts were glued to each other and decorated.
The width of the basket can be adjusted by your preferences with changing the width of the side tabs.


The handle of the basket is 11" (28 cm) long and 0.60" (1.5 cm) wide.


At the center of the basket, I added two cut-out hearts. I used a dies from the basic sets: heart (the largest die) and stitched heart (the 3th die from the center). 


All the flowers are cut with the new CottageCutz die 3D flower #5. The bloom is so rich that you can create different size with cutouts.
For the largest bloom I used all the cutouts. For two I removed the lower leaves and for three smaller ones I used only the middle of the bloom. They are all shaded with Distress ink: Worn Lipstick and Victorian Velvet.
For the twigs and leaves I used floral spray die. They are shadowed with Distress ink: Moved Lawn.
The bow is attached on the handle of the basket.


List of dies used: 







Thanks for visiting.

Janja

9 comments:

Vladuška said...

This is beautiful and so clever how you used 3D Flower die to create different flower sizes.

bbgeltz said...

Lovely basket. You did a wonderful job of designing it. I am looking forward to your next post.

Karen in PA said...

What a darling little Easter basket! I really like the 3-D bow and flower, and your heart design.
karen

JoAnn said...

Love the pretty little basket and the way you have decorated it. Thanks for sharing the design.

Mary Marsh said...

this is such a cute idea Janja-and I really like how you have decorated the box with the flowers and hearts dies-awesome work

Юлия Кузнецова said...

So pretty! Love the florals!

oldpunca said...

Super nice easter basket. :-) You did a great job Janja.

creative lady said...

Janis, Beautiful Easter basket! I may have to try making this basket. Thanks for the tutorial.

Joanne said...

So pretty and such a great idea Janja. I love the 3D flowers...very pretty!