Tuesday, March 15, 2016

Holiday memories

Hi everyone, Janja here.
Today I'm sharing with you a card on which I caught a few holiday memories. All dies are from new release CottageCutz - nautical. They are so gorgeous that you simply can't resist.


The folded card measures: 5.3" x 5.3" (13.5 x 13.5 cm). On base card front, I glued blue cardstock in the size of 5" x 5" (12.7 x 12.7 cm) and inserted in the middle of the frame picture on canvas.

I first gently shaded white canvas in size 3.7" x 3.7" (9.5 x 9.5 cm) with Distress ink - Broken China. I tore blue and patterned paper off with the hands and glued onto the canvas.
For a lighthouse, I used a cardstock in blue, red and white. When it was drafted, I shaded it with the Distress Ink - Pumice Stone and attached with foam pads. Just so it wouldn't hang in the air, I put it on the dunes borrowed from the seagull.
The sailboat is cut out of blue and white cardstock. From a white cutout I only used the sail, which is also shaded with Distress Ink - Pumice Stone. The sailboat is glued directly into the canvas. I added two clouds and seagulls.


Also the frame is made of canvas, which I initially impregnated with white gesso. 


As I forgot during the creation to make a photo, I made another one, from white cardstock.

Cut out 4 strips, width 0.4" (1 cm). They should be longer than the finished frame, which measures 4.75" x 4.75" (12 x 12 cm). On the reverse side they are bonded with removable adhesive tape. Turn frame and cut it in diagonal lines. 
The strips are painted with white paint. I used chalky finish white. When the paint was dry, I all the edges of the frame shadowed with Distress ink - Vintage Photo, to obtain a shabby look. 


It only remains to re-assemble the frame and truncate tip at the corners with a scissors. That the framework will really look like real, we enhance the edges. This was done with a bone folder. 
I decorated it with the die - rope corner


List of dies used: 





Enjoy and have fun.

Janja




15 comments:

Jasmina said...

Wau... this is simply gorgeous. I want to go there right now and listen to the sea and the seagulfs. You have outdone yourself Janja. Congratulations!

Vladuška said...

Janja, this is so so beatiful. Like the picture and you created little story with all these dies. I love them and I love your card.

creative lady said...

Janna, beautiful card. Love the scenery you have made with these beautiful dies.

Karen in PA said...

Man, I'm glad I hit send on my order.... Gorgeous!
Karen

Joanne said...

WOW Janja this is absolutely beautiful! I love seeing the new nautical designs.
Joanne

Unknown said...

I just love this see card

Unknown said...

I just love this see card

Anita Kejriwal said...

very pretty card

Karen in PA said...

I forgot to ask - how did you make your sand look so.... well, sandy, lol?

Karen

Janja said...

Karen, thank you for asking. Sand is the only patterned paper on my card. It really looks like a real sand. I bought it in Ljubljana, at a local store. I hope that you will find something suitable.
Plenty of joy in creating.
Janja

Mary Marsh said...

this is a beautiful way to recreate some wonderful beach memories Janja- love what you have created and these nautical dies are awesome

Karen in PA said...

Well I will keep my eyes peeled for some "sand." Going to a stamp show in a couple of weeks!
Karen

Cheryl Walker said...

Awww Janja your card is absolutely DARLING hun! I love it and love the layers, and how you used the dies! super sweet!
hugs
Cheryl

Tina Z. said...

this is outstanding, I love your card - I am a big fan of navy cards.

sandybb said...

You can also use sand paper (that you use to sand wood) :) This is a stunning card.